Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 08:11 PM

Default from $10 to $1 million in one day

My friends and I were thinking about this the other night and were split on whether or not this was possible, so I will let others judge.

If you could see everyone else's whole cards at the table, would it be possible to get from $10 to $1 million in 24 hours.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:34 PM

Default Re: from $10 to $1 million in one day

Possible Yes. get a satellite into the sunday million, win it. Play a ton of HU matches at high stakes.

This would still be VERY hard to do however.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:40 PM

HU matches at highstakes would still make it impossible..the 5600 turbos hardly run at all..you'd MAYBE get in like 5-10 of those if you were lucky to get opponents..

also, regardless of seeing there cards you'd obviously still get bad beats from getting your money in ahead. i think this is impossible simply because you wouldn't get enough volume of game in from the 200k-1million mark. unlikely you'd get too much action if you were to play super super highstakes on FTP(giant heads up nl cash games)..not that you'd be able to win them throughout the day, but who's gonna play you when you've won like several hundred thousand in a few hours?
Old 08-22-2007, 08:50 PM

I dont think that it would be possible.

You cant always wait until the river to see whether you have won to bet.

Nonetheless, I must admit that it would be quite a big advantage to have over your opponents.

By the way, you dont happen to have a program that would allow you to see your opponents cards do you ?

Not that I would ever consider cheating myself of course, but just that I was becoming curious.

Its late, I have probably had too much too drink, and I dont even know which part of the forum I am posting in now !

LOL. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2007, 10:15 PM

If you can choose the 24 hour period, winning Poker Star's WCOOP main event should do the trick.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:41 AM

Possible, yes, but it would take some luck as well as this advantage.

You need 17 double-ups to do it. Now you're not going to bet your whole stack every time, but you should have no trouble playing generally winning poker, and finding 17 opportunities in a day where you have a sure win and the other player has a good enough hand to call all-in.

The only trouble is finding people to call your bets once you get above $50,000 or so. In Las Vegas on a good night, there's no trouble finding no-limit action with $100,000 stacks, but you might have to grind your way from $100,000 to $1,000,000. The other trouble would be finding a live game that allowed a $10 buy-in, you might have to start on-line.

Of course, this assumes that no one notices your extraordinary play and luck. In real life you might get shot before you get your $1 million.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, this assumes that no one notices your extraordinary play and luck. In real life you might get shot before you get your $1 million.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? This is absurd. If you sit down with the big name pros with $100k-200k, they will not have you killed because you took $1M off the table. I'm sure that happens once in a while down in Vegas (some "tourist" comes in and gets lucky). Also, I'm sure many of the big name pros have lost ~$1M in a day.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:25 AM

even if u dont make it to 1million, ur still good for the day anyway.. most of the times
Old 08-23-2007, 12:59 PM

I think this would be simpler than people think. Once you get enough for 2-3 buyins at 300/600 NL on FTP you should be good to go. Those games are super aggro so you can just shove when your opponents can't call or you have them dominated and fold when they are ahead. Players routinely win and loose $1m in a day in these games so I don't think you will be hurting for action.

Moving up from 10NL could be tricky. Because nobody folds, you could get sucked out on once of twice and be done.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Players routinely win and loose $1m in a day in these games

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true.