Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 01:12 AM

Default 200 NL JJ pf spot

Hand is against a reg. Don't have stats off the top of my head but is capable of playing both LAG and smart nit and ends up near 25/20. Plays ok but is kind of erratic and capable of doing weird stuff in unorthodox spots.

Haven't played much w/ him recently but have a history of beating on him a lil bit and I 3bet him in the previous hand (AA) and he folded pf.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($542.70)
MP ($200)
Hero ($290.25)
SB ($144.85)
BB ($338.25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $30</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $100</font>, Hero ???

What is the plan here?
Old 07-18-2007, 01:21 AM

Default Re: 200 NL JJ pf spot

I fold
Old 07-18-2007, 05:47 AM

I fold.....you're more than likely to be up against QQ+ and if the villain is particularly aggro the best case scenario maybe AK which is still 5050.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:41 AM

SPEW ALERT...
Your hand is under-repped, since you just 3 bet last hand. Unless you showed, he doesn't know you had AA. Getting 3 bet twice in a row (after folding one), this time from the button, he's pushing back with any top 20 hand. I think he may just call with AA or KK and trap on the flop. The only hand that scares me is QQ. If he has AK/AQ/KQs, he's committed to calling your push, and it's reasonable that he's 4 betting 77+. It's also reasonable that he's got 2 unders and is making a re-steal (if he thinks your 3bet is weak). I'm going to take the flop and pay off QQ if all unders flop. It may be a donk move, but it's a special situation since you've 3 bet twice in a row and you're on the button.

This is something that you should've considered before you 3bet. If you're not ready to get played back at here, you shouldn't do it, or you should make it a lot bigger. If I 3 bet here, i'd go to $50, that way you can lay down to a 4bet. However, given the situation, I'm going to call, let in UTG and take a flop on the button. JJ is so vulnerable in this spot, i'm going to feel much better folding it to a flop 3 bet when all unders hit than pre-flop.