Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 03:15 PM

Default 1/2 S8b exposed trips lots of action

7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.10 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.80 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___raises

5th Street - (10.40 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls $0.25 and is all-in

6th Street - (22.53 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls $0.70 and is all-in
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___all-in

River - (24.88 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___all-in
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___folds
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___all-in

Total pot: (25.88 BB)
Old 05-22-2007, 03:52 PM

Default Re: 1/2 S8b exposed trips lots of action

Hmm...the short stacks make this one a little tricky. Seat 3's play just doesn't make any sense at all. The only thing logical is rolled 4s.

3rd street: I fold this here. With all the dead babies and a disconnected 72A, I think it's better to either play it strong or get out; preferring the latter.

I think the rest is pretty much automatic since you really want to get rid of the other draws. Seat 2 is getting short and probably doesn't want to let go of his strong draw (4-flush + 3-card low?). Same with Seat 7.

On 5th the rest of his chips are going in eventually, may as well be now. Why Seat 3 is jamming is beyond me.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:59 PM

I think 3 was committing short-stack suicide.

Agreed on 3rd but I was feeling frisky.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:00 AM

When J4 raises AA, he's saying he has you beaten. He should have a set, but who knows. Anyway, I don't like the three-bet. I'm fine with the rest of it except the river. Why bet when your entire hand is exposed? Perhaps a worse hand will call once in a blue moon, but more often, you'll either split and get your money back or he'll make some kind of miracle hand and sweep you. Your bet has serious negative expectation.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:42 AM

agreed on the river to.