Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 05:15 PM

Default AJJ 1/2 s8b

7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.20, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.40 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes

4th Street - (4.40 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (3.70 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls

6th Street - (15.70 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (18.70 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___raises___calls
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls___calls

Total pot: (27.70 BB - $55.40)

seat 7 is a loose luckbox that always seems to catch against me

Seat 1: posts here and I know he wont call me without KK or AA
Old 03-31-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Re: AJJ 1/2 s8b

Ugh. These hands make me hate life. On 5th I wouldn't 3-bet it since Seat 3's raise didn't take out Seat 4, who you really really want out of the picture. On 6th I'm grateful it's only one bet to me.

On the river I guess I'd pay it off since the pot is so big and expect to lose.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:06 PM

I was actually comtemplating folding 7th if seat 4 capped it, he is fairly weak with raises.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:49 PM

On the river the only card that Seat 4 can hit in which you are still good is one of the two remaining aces. Any other card that gives him a strong enough low also gives a better high hand. Without reads I'm inclined to call it. With a read that says he's weak with raises, and if he doesn't get out of line (with something like two pair in this spot) I'd think you have a tough decision. I hate folding the best hand on the river in huge pots though.

On 5th I'm inclined to to flat call the raise re-evaluate on 6th. It's a better spot to decide whether to jam.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:57 PM

I think calling two bets on the river and then folding for two more would be lousy. He wouldn't do this with a rough Six? I think you played it fine.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:59 PM

Fold the river for sure.

Honestly if S4 playing the hand the way he did on 6th and then raised 7th I dont see any hand you can beat...I think you are toast. The pot is huge but you have to fold.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:02 AM

Chip Reese made a fortune when he first came to Las Vegas playing Stud/8 against people who played jacks and queens.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:38 AM

Not quite true. Chip made a lot of money playing stud high-low without a qualifier against people who played high pairs. The qualifier was added because such players got punished so badly in the no-qualifier game that they almost never won.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Chip Reese made a fortune when he first came to Las Vegas playing Stud/8 against people who played jacks and queens.

[/ QUOTE ]

that really added a lot to the discussion.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:11 PM

beavis,

in high low when against two players and one is sure to be a winner in the opposite direction as you, you are laying 2 to 1 on each bet you put in to win your half. so think about that when deciding to raise.
i would have not put in another raise or bet from 5th street on. just check and call or fold.
if you kept the pot small you could have easily folded on 7th. which whether you won or not would have been the play of choice for more than one bet.