Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Live AK TPTK raised multi-way pot

I ended up calling and his K9 held up.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:16 PM

If I can play the hand again (wouldn't that be nice!) I either just call the $15 or more likely make a small raise to like $50. Live 1/2 players really don't pay attention to the pot size (for the most part) so this has the same basic affect as the raise to $90 but allows me to get away from the hand and protect my stack.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:31 PM

I think this is pretty ok.

flop I raise less to about $60. And I would plan on checking almost any turn. (not K or A). There is no reason to think the blind has us beat.

Once BTN pushes, he is representing real strength. Against a normal player I can pitch TPTK here pretty easy. (its milti way, raise, re-raise, allin usually mean more than one pair). Very few are capable of bluffing like this.

GIven your read of BTN, this isnt a terrible call. Sure, it was wrong but against someone who "overvalues TP" he can easily have KQ, KJ, K10. This is when in a live game it can help to get a physical tell.

Calling this against this guys image isnt terrible. However, against almost every other player I think its a fold.

That said its a real marginal decision.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I can play the hand again (wouldn't that be nice!) I either just call the $15 or more likely make a small raise to like $50. Live 1/2 players really don't pay attention to the pot size (for the most part) so this has the same basic affect as the raise to $90 but allows me to get away from the hand and protect my stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the raise to like $50-$60. Even though he bet so little relative to the pot, popping it 4x still tells everyone you have something. Then if the button comes over the top, you aren't getting the odds that tempt you to make a questionable call.