Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 12:30 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: September**

lol 50nl is still a complete joke idon't know whyu would thinkotherwise.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol 50nl is still a complete joke idon't know whyu would thinkotherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-21-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and how do I only just find out about this

[/ QUOTE ]

I announced it mid august, guess you where away [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you naming it after me?
Old 09-21-2007, 12:38 PM

yeah ... KT Gelford [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2007, 12:39 PM

How long were you trying for?
Old 09-21-2007, 12:40 PM

Third time is a charm
Old 09-21-2007, 12:41 PM

hahahah LOOOl@ micro's being tougher . lately I played some 50NL and they pay off so easy there compared to SSNL, and its so passive too.. And look at some of the regs destroying 200 and 400NL. It is still very possible. I believe snowbank gets like 8ptb/100 over a huge sample at 400NL? its not free money but its certainly not impossible. I also see so many tagfishes trying to catch money falling from the sky from the fishes, and who are so transparent and easy to abuse.

@gelfor: boy or girl, or you dont know that yet?
Old 09-21-2007, 12:43 PM

Congrats on preggo.

As far as the games go, to be honest, I have been hearing this ever since I decided to make poker my sole source of income a little over a year ago. I used to play limit on crypto, until switching to NL on New Year's. I'm not sure if I can honestly say that I've noticed a pattern for the worse or anything like that. I don't stick around tables with no fish at them, so maybe this is a reason I don't notice the fish lacking more than they used to.

However, the one thing I did notice starting from 2006, is that people always talk about the good old days, like the good old days are over. The regulars I used to play limit with and chat on AIM with would always say how sick the games were in 2004, and how it was so easy to make over 100K a year, and how compared to then, the games currently are horrible (this is pre-Frist, summer 2006 mind you). How it's basically impossible to move up quick anymore, and how each limit is just filled with TAGs with no fish coming in, because the poker boom is over, blah blah blah blah.

And then I came over to NL, and hear the same thing. I'm not sure about the "golden age of poker", but I don't really believe in living in the past in general. I obviously don't read too many threads from like early 2006, especially in NL, but the few posts I glance at because they are a well post or some sticky with frustrated replies to it, show that there was plenty of people, even back then, that were struggling to beat 50 & 100NL, just like there's plenty of people bitching about the same thing today.

I don't know why you claim that all the fish is gone, because this is not true. I didn't play 400NL 2 years ago when "it was like 25NL today", but if you did, and you are playing 25NL now, wtf? There's plenty of fish at the 50NL Stars every single day. I'm able to 10 table for ridiculous amounts of hours, at all times of the day. I play a ton during the morning/day time, during the early AM hours, pretty much around the clock, depending on my class/going out/working out schedule. And really, there's fish at all times. There are players who I have 300+ hands on, that are playing like 60/5/3. Everywhere.

I sometimes think about how awesome it is to be a poker player, considering it's so much better and more profitable, even at this level, than a lot of the jobs my friends have, and then think about how to avoid getting a real job when I graduate in a year, because it'd be such a significant pay cut. And then I open the microstakes forum and there's a ton of people complaining about how the games are unbeatable, and despite them running 10PTBB/100 (lol), they are busto and poker is teh ghey.

WTF. Work on your game, there's plenty of fish, and plenty of money to be made.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:43 PM

I would appreciate if I could get any more input on this hand (I've gotten varied, conflicting responses):
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post12171390
Old 09-21-2007, 12:47 PM

Too early to determine the boy/girl thing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread