Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 10:53 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: September**

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
because you suck at playing in marginal spots?

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I remember, all your play is marginal. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what you are trying to say

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I remember, all your play is marginal. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I dont even see why that is a problem at these lvls, when you can play super tight and nobody notices, and everyone will still pay you off.

[/ QUOTE ]

then do that, nobody is making you play 22/19...

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh I agree, but I would like to feel more comfotable opening up a bit. So far, I have been just a bit better than breakeven when playing with a higher PFR, but have been running way too hot in seasions when running with a PFR of 13 and less.

Over just less than 4500 hands (WAY too small, but just stopping by on the way up) Im running 26/11/1.27 at 17.84 BB/100. What have others ran at while moving through 10nl? I am just a little worried that my game will not change and when I get to 25nl/50nl, I wont be playing the best way.

[/ QUOTE ]

i ran 22/17 over 7700 hands at 10NL for 8.55bb/100...

at least ur recognizing ur playing a bit too passive pre...

basically dont open limp like ever...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dammit, who locked bourne's downswing post? I just typed up a big reply to it and tried to post but it was locked. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol bbv [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ me having the most obvious obvious set ever.

Also lol @ it not mattering cause it's 50nl and they don't hand-read.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $48.00
BB: $64.25
UTG: $111.55
MP: $52.00
Hero (CO): $61.85
BTN: $37.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2.00</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $2.00, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3.50</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($11.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $5.00</font>, UTG calls $5.00, <font color="red">Hero raises to $11.00</font>, BTN calls $6.00, UTG calls $6.00

Turn: ($44.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $14.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $28.00</font>, BTN calls all-in for $23.40, <font color="red">UTG raises to $89.00</font>, Hero calls all-in for $19.35
Uncalled bet of $41.65 returned to UTG

River: ($162.35) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $162.35 ($3 Rake)

BTN had 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and LOST (-$37.90)
UTG had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Queens) and LOST (-$61.85)
Hero had 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Fours) and WON (+$97.50)

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dammit, who locked bourne's downswing post? I just typed up a big reply to it and tried to post but it was locked. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol bbv [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was a retard for replying to it at length...I have gotten enough of those type of posts locked to know better. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont even see why that is a problem at these lvls, when you can play super tight and nobody notices, and everyone will still pay you off.

[/ QUOTE ]

then do that, nobody is making you play 22/19...

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh I agree, but I would like to feel more comfotable opening up a bit. So far, I have been just a bit better than breakeven when playing with a higher PFR, but have been running way too hot in seasions when running with a PFR of 13 and less.

Over just less than 4500 hands (WAY too small, but just stopping by on the way up) Im running 26/11/1.27 at 17.84 BB/100. What have others ran at while moving through 10nl? I am just a little worried that my game will not change and when I get to 25nl/50nl, I wont be playing the best way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on when you play you could be completely tight and fairly passive in 10NL as the villains will pay you off with ridiculous hands if they are aggressive enough. Conversely, there are times when you can play 10NL and never see anyone shove their stack unless they have the stone cold nuts.

I think what makes 10NL such a soft level is not that the entire level is passive or aggressive or donkeys or fish or whatever, I think it is such a soft level because the players are so extremely easy to manipulate.

There are players on UB at 10NL who will OVER AND OVER fold AQ to me on a QQx when I shove air and then said "Nice boat"...then there are players who will OVER AND OVER call my AA preflop raise and then shove air when I check to them on the flop. Again, this level is so weak because these players do not think back to 100 hands ago, or even 10 hands ago - not because they universally play the same.

My point is this - I do not believe that there is any one magical playstyle that works at any given level. All poker is opponent dependent. There may be certain playstyles that, in general on a certain site at a certain limit, do well - but that does not mean that that is the only playstyle or even the best playstyle. An example, I think that UB during the week is 70 year old men playing their social security checks because you cannot get anyone to pay you off, by contrast the weekends at UB are an absolute feeding frenzy in which mid pairs shove their stacks away on their Farha-esque bluffs. Obviously playing any one playstyle exclusively given the huge difference in opponents would be -EV.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:36 PM

I coulda gone to the beach for the first 6 hours today....
Old 09-18-2007, 12:25 AM

For you micro players, when you talk about bb/100, are you actually talking about ptbb/100 or regular bb/100.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:29 AM

im pretty positive almost all discussion (at least at nl) on this site is in ptbb/100
Old 09-18-2007, 12:30 AM

im talking about what PT screen gives me, so i guess ptbb/100

but i just finished watching an 1 hr 45 min HU video 2 tabling...never seen so much 3 betting, really makes u wanna go and do that, even though you know you shouldnt...
Old 09-18-2007, 12:42 AM

mookboi do you usually get that many hands in a day? How many tables?
Closed Thread