Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Why do I always hit a pair here

I think I saw villain make a spazzy play in a 3 handed pot earlier with like 67 on 997 flop where he capped and was somehow best but other than that nothing sticks out. KJs is the bottom of my 3bet range vs UTG but since this guy might be a goofball it didn't seem questionable. People do this retarded [censored] against me all the time successfully because I'm the absolute best at flopping TPGK and being dominated, but they usually just c/r flop right away. His c/c flop made me believe I might actually be best, and with that in mind I certainly couldn't believe his turn c/r completely so I planned to call down. River is just a call right? I beat only 1 hand that he'll call with and probably be 3bet by the rest.

PokerStars 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.66 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.33 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.33 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero
Old 05-10-2007, 07:26 PM

Default Re: Why do I always hit a pair here

IMO about 85% of the time, you were either way behind of 99/AA/KK/8x on the turn or way ahead of something retarded like A9 or JTs, so I don't know how much the river changes.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:42 PM

Yeah I don't even know why I left the river option blank because I'm pretty sure anything other than calling is just awful. Flop and turn are much more interesting/at least worth thinking about. It just feels so dirty to check even though they have 2-3 outs every single time if they are behind and I have 0-3 when behind, 2 most of the time. This has been happening so often to me lately against unknowns considering how little I play I figured I'd post one of them.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:47 PM

not showing this down vs an unknown spaz would be criminal. So call or raise and call a 3 bet.
I guess just call.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I don't even know why I left the river option blank because I'm pretty sure anything other than calling is just awful. Flop and turn are much more interesting/at least worth thinking about. It just feels so dirty to check even though they have 2-3 outs every single time if they are behind and I have 0-3 when behind, 2 most of the time. This has been happening so often to me lately against unknowns considering how little I play I figured I'd post one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, he's a confirmed goofball, you flopped top pair, the pot's huge, and the action's been checked to you. I don't think there's too much to think about really. If you're not sure whether he's trying to second level or third level you or whatever, you can always just go back to the zero level and bet your hand. This is minbet poker, after all.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:49 PM

oh i bet this flop everytime for value.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:31 PM

River seems like an easy raise to me. He's got Kx (AK, KQ, KT, even KJ) or was semibluffing JT and will pay off one more bet *way* more often than he has AA, KK, 99.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:20 PM

i check the turn here because they always have AA AK or KK when they do this imo. it is really rare to see someone not bet out on the flop with AQ here.