Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2006, 07:36 PM

Default Re: People being jackasses when they stack you

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The river reraise is fine, Zeebo theorem baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is that?

and OP, i agree with what forshure said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zeebo's Theorem states that players never, ever fold a full house, regardless of its relative strength.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:45 PM

Default Re: question about hand

[ QUOTE ]
I apologize if this is an ignorant newbie question, but ...

why check at the turn?

I'd be inclined to bet about 1/3 to 1/2 the pot - if my opponent called or raised, I'd put him on either trip tens or a flush draw.

I would have been relieved to see the 3rd ten on the river, though - and not hestitated to go all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what I would do on the turn in this hand (as if what I would do would necessarily be correct anyway [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]), but that turn card does seem like basically the worst one in the deck for us.

Checking and seeing what Villain wants to do seems like a reasonable option to me. Maybe he'll even bet less than we'd feel compelled to (if we bet) and we'll get to chase our flush and set outs cheaply. (Of course, if he bets really small, that could be because we have like 42 outs.)

In any event, betting and then getting raised would suck. I suspect checking gives us more potential to get to the river if we're behind. It also gives us more of a chance to get away from our hand (I think), which has its advantages and disadvantages.

Edit: Boy, those last two comments seem to contradict each other, don't they? Maybe I mean that checking gives us more opportunity to get to the river favorably. Or maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img].