Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 11:29 PM

Default hey candidates...

some people in my family are complete fuqqing morons and had nothing better to do than succumb to a blood thirsty war machine and kill brown people in foreign countries to no benefit to themselves, our country or our family. now all of them are dead..yay! my war cok is giant.

how many of you have stupid people people in your family who are dead for the same reasons (how big is your war cok?)and how will that help you extract us from the fake war were in in iraq?

in case this bores you always check raise the river after check raisng the turn when an obvious draw hits on the river that you have beat. a bet out will elicit great folds but a cr will get rediculous calls.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:17 AM

Default Re: hey candidates...

Hi limon. I don't seriously engage via the net on politics. I rarely do face to face, in fact. Sue me. I'm a coward. In any case, I don't call the people I knew who have died or the parents of children that have died stupid, and I don't think that that mere fact of such a death makes them so.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:25 AM

drunk limon makes me sad.

sorry for your loss man.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:50 AM

My cousins just came back from serving 4 years.
He spent a few months running around the hills of Afghanistan.
The crazy thing is he was in charge of ppl, and he is a 23yo kid.
I am sure he knows several ppl who are no longer.
I guess by your standards he is not as stupid as the ppl fighting in Iraq? If i misinterpreted who you are calling stupid, I apologize. But I figure you are calling someone besides Bush stupid (he is a given).

Well, he is the same as anyone fighting in Iraq.
If you think he had a menu of countries to choose from, you are mistaken.

Now, IDK what your point is really. That war is stupid? Especially if it has little value? Well, we all agree there. And it is sick, that in our "modern world" there is so much atrocity. I mean if you think the war in Iraq is sick, you are only seeing what the media is feeding you, in reality there are much sicker conflicts around the world, that are just as stupid (in fact much, much more stupid I should add).

I mean here is a list of some conflicts going on right now:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...war/index.html

I mean the [censored] going on in Sudan started after the Iraq war I think. And many, many, many more ppl have died. (500k vs what, 50-60k?)

I mean, I hate to sound like an [censored], but the casualties in Iraq, come nowhere close to the casualties throughout our modern history. So, I don't really see the situation as amazingly sensational as everyone else does, because I see it relative to our modern history.

Just look at the staggering numbers on Wiki for genocide:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_toll

I'm taking high estimates, but if you count up the numbers from the last sentry, its around 200 million.

Rewind further back and America killed a good 15 million Indians, as well as a bunch of slaves. This is all relatively modern, we are not talking 500BC here.

While theses numbers are crazy, they don't bear as much meaning as one does when he or she loses a loved one. I guess it kind of hits you. I know I didn't think much of the Iraq war until I saw a video of some ppl laying on this street getting shot. It just makes you say "WTF".

And sadly, the current conflicts are standard. I mean throughout Earth's history we have seen it, and it looks like it will keep on going.

Well, I hope you get your wish, and all this [censored] ends. Peac be with you my brothers.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
some people in my family are complete fuqqing morons and had nothing better to do than succumb to a blood thirsty war machine and kill brown people in foreign countries to no benefit to themselves, our country or our family. now all of them are dead..yay! my war cok is giant.

how many of you have stupid people people in your family who are dead for the same reasons (how big is your war cok?)and how will that help you extract us from the fake war were in in iraq?

in case this bores you always check raise the river after check raisng the turn when an obvious draw hits on the river that you have beat. a bet out will elicit great folds but a cr will get rediculous calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow I hope this gets deleted and OP gets a ban 'til end of war.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:06 AM

All,

I'm going to leave this for a bit to see if some decent discussion ensues. I figure those with differing viewpoints might want to chime in rather than just have this disappear.

If you feel that is a bad decision, just say so.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:22 AM

lock it, with an OP like that... I don't think that a post calling soldiers killed in action "stupid" should be left up.

A new thread can be started with a better OP
Closed Thread