Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 02:36 PM

Default mexican soccer...please help

i cant make heads nor tails of the mexican soccer league and their playoff system. i have a big group of bettors who want a number on "chivas to advance" i cant find it anywhere. i see at betcris that chivas is +170 dog to win their next game against america. i deduced that the advance part is some sort of addition of the goals scored in a 2 game home and home series (am i right?) but what would the "to advance" line be? my guess is somewhere around -110...PLEASE HELP! if your not into betting just any info that you think i need to know about the workings of mexican soccer will be much appreciated.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Re: mexican soccer...please help

home and home works like this:
1) team who scores most total goals moves forward
2) if both teams score X goals, the team who scored more goals while playing as the away team moves forward.

They haven't played either game yet and CD Guadalajara is away for the first match, hence the huge +170 line.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:14 PM

Also, I'm sure you can do your basic HW, but America has a quarterfinals game today in the Copa Libertadores, barely 24 hours before their home end of the match. I'm sure they'll be holding out basically anyone that matters, but just saying.

Also, I'm not 100% sure on that away-goal tie breaker if only because they don't use it in the CCC, which I thought was pretty ridiculous.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2) if both teams score X goals, the team who scored more goals while playing as the away team moves forward.

They haven't played either game yet and CD Guadalajara is away for the first match, hence the huge +170 line.

[/ QUOTE ]

the other (main) reason for the +170 is that you lose on ties, a draw is +220 BUT...my "customers" want a series price and its hard to deduce who is the fav. in the series...do you see any way?
Old 05-17-2007, 08:03 AM

My analysis in Sports Betting cross-post was made before I read about the Copa Libertadores issue but This article states that America fielded no starters except from goalie. I suppose this was anticipated so the line could be set the some way as without the schedule collision so the math sholud stand.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:48 PM

I'm not so sure that away goals matter. It's the case for the UEFA competitions but not for others. For example, the Copa Libertadores doesn't have this rule. If tied after two legs they just go to extra time and penalties.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a mexican dude who takes calls for me just showed me a spanish soccer website w/ power rankings that has america ahead of chivas, also considering that america is a big fav. in game one wouldnt they be a favorite to advance? jelly has chivas at -138 to advance ...is this backward?
Old 05-17-2007, 10:09 PM

Fwiw, the game is on right now.0-0 34 mins into first half, great game so far.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:05 PM

i cant beleive im taking action on this shyt. i still dont know whos the fav. to advance and none of the books have put out a line on the second game.