Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 09:20 PM

Default Re: 20/40 Heads Up Razz hand on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
betgo,
if i dont 3bet 3rd, then i would be bet/folding 5th? becos i still wouldnt bet 4rth.

& i'm not really understanding y no 3bet 3rd, in all likelihood i have the best hand at the moment (though by a negligible margin), but my opponent is 'bigfacecat', who likes to play the small bet streets very aggresively. so its very possible he would BI/2bet a hand like 92J or 9AJ, just to see if i'm gonna back down.

anyway, thanks for the advice thus far, razz is a real interesting game & i'm still learning a bunch

[/ QUOTE ]

The 3-bet is OK versus bigfacecat. I would just flat call and not let him know what I have. You get a lot more value that way, and he doesn't fold easily anyway.

IMO bigfacecat plays way to aggressively for razz, but his style is probably better suited to HU than FR. Aggression just doesn't work as well in razz as in some other games.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My read is villain assumed OP paired on 4th. Villain may have not as good starting cards as OP, but assumes he is ahead on 5th because he didn't pair 4th and OP did.

[/ QUOTE ]Question, please, presuming villain is some average but competent player - Villain checked first on 4th. So, why would he assume he is ahead? Don't we, as Hero, also think he either paired or has a brick in the hole? I would have bet 4th, also, but either Villain is really weak or doing some trapping deal.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:02 PM

@istackbooks,
would you check behind 4rth then bet/3bet 5th? or are you taking this path assuming you bet 4rth.

I totally agree, bigfacecat is the type of player to run over passive opponents or 'bet-savers' HU or shorthanded
Old 11-26-2007, 10:09 PM

If you can stand the swings, the best strategy vs. bigface is to play your big hands slow early on. He is very very easy to manipulate like this, but he sees the showdown pretty much no matter what if you play a hand this way so the variance is pretty huge. There is a small following on full tilt of players who want to hunt this guy down because of how retardedly sick he runs...
Old 11-26-2007, 10:11 PM

Ayo - I'm saying 3-bet 5th given your line. If you bet 4th, and he still raises you on 5th then I again will be 3-betting but I think he either calls or folds in that spot...

Against bigface, you have to bet 4th or as you see you have a very small chance of winning the pot w/out a showdown...
Old 11-26-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My read is villain assumed OP paired on 4th. Villain may have not as good starting cards as OP, but assumes he is ahead on 5th because he didn't pair 4th and OP did.

[/ QUOTE ]Question, please, presuming villain is some average but competent player - Villain checked first on 4th. So, why would he assume he is ahead? Don't we, as Hero, also think he either paired or has a brick in the hole? I would have bet 4th, also, but either Villain is really weak or doing some trapping deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think its fair to guess the a paired him ( until we see 5th ), but this bluff/bet is more to represent a credible line then anything else.

edited: i think i misunderstood your first sentence and just wrote something you didnt need to read. oh well. betbtbetbebtbetbetbebtbebtbet
Old 11-26-2007, 10:16 PM

Zactly...
Old 11-26-2007, 10:20 PM

im never playing a hand with you again.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:19 AM

I think you're making a huge mistake by not capping 3d and checking 4th. You've showed extreme strength, and he may well just have been taking a shot at you by re-raising on 3d and called hoping you would brick.

Checking really screams "pair" and you're very close to just giving up the hand in a 6BB pot.

That being said, I wouldn't cap this on 3d, ever. Exactly because it does put you on a pretty narrow range.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
edited: i think i misunderstood your first sentence and just wrote something you didnt need to read. oh well. betbtbetbebtbetbetbebtbebtbet

[/ QUOTE ]LOL! It's a good thing, though. Imagine a high stakes Razz player saying something I don't need to read! When I started here a couple months ago, I didn't know what "rough" meant! So, hey...

betbetbetbetbetbetbet