Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 11:27 PM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

[ QUOTE ]
have you looked into what the penalties are for going on the run? since you are only sentenced to 2.5 years, they probably won't really even chase after you. Its very easy to steal someone else's identity or just buy/steal a passport and leave the country. I don't know what technology will be like in the future and how likely it is you can stay hidden, but 2.5 years is a long time imho.

if you go to jail just remember, "you only do two days. the day you go in and the day you get out" - avon barksdale.

[/ QUOTE ]

everything in this post is retarded
Old 11-25-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My issue is not with it being a crime, my issue is with how retarded and ridiculous the sentencing has become, and how the legal limit has been switched from .10 to .08, and will keep going down because of those god damn MADD lobbyists. And how those numbers really don't even matter anywhere cause any f'ing cop can just say "well I thought he was intoxicated" regardless of a .05 reading on the breathalyser. THAT's the type of [censored] I have issues with, not the fact that it's a crime.

[/ QUOTE ]
Goddamned right. Perhaps all the people in this thread giving ultimate discretion to the police about a law that is unreasonable will one day feel the unsympathetic smite of something similar, at which point maybe they'll feel outrage greater than the pain of falling off their high horse.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My issue is not with it being a crime, my issue is with how retarded and ridiculous the sentencing has become, and how the legal limit has been switched from .10 to .08, and will keep going down because of those god damn MADD lobbyists. And how those numbers really don't even matter anywhere cause any f'ing cop can just say "well I thought he was intoxicated" regardless of a .05 reading on the breathalyser. THAT's the type of [censored] I have issues with, not the fact that it's a crime.

[/ QUOTE ]
Goddamned right. Perhaps all the people in this thread giving ultimate discretion to the police about a law that is unreasonable will one day feel the unsympathetic smite of something similar, at which point maybe they'll feel outrage greater than the pain of falling off their high horse.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you ruin it all with the last line. People who detest DUI offenders aren't on a high horse. It's a [censored] thing to do, and I'm on a regular sized horse. DUI offenders like the OP are just on a really really low horse.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:54 PM

pirateboy,

Your problem is that you seem to lump people like the OP in with people who are convicted under new laws, often by police with unlimited discretion. Nobody is defending the OP's actions. Not me, not him. But plenty of people are happy telling OP how stupid and immature he is, hey sweet let's kick someone while he's down! I'm pretty sure he knows his mistake, if not he has 2.5 years to figure it out.

It's your inability to distinguish between degree of "offense" nor to understand why I put "offense" in quotes that will drive people to drink. And hopefully not drive.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pirateboy,

Your problem is that you seem to lump people like the OP in with people who are convicted under new laws, often by police with unlimited discretion. Nobody is defending the OP's actions. Not me, not him. But plenty of people are happy telling OP how stupid and immature he is, hey sweet let's kick someone while he's down! I'm pretty sure he knows his mistake, if not he has 2.5 years to figure it out.

It's your inability to distinguish between degree of "offense" nor to understand why I put "offense" in quotes that will drive people to drink. And hopefully not drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record,I'm not defending him either.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, if they say .08 is a crime, and I blow a .07 and still get put away, I'd be pissed, fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though you're clearly being a selfish SOB driving in situations that aren't maximally safe for everybody around you?
Old 11-26-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
By the way, if they say .08 is a crime, and I blow a .07 and still get put away, I'd be pissed, fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though you're clearly being a selfish SOB driving in situations that aren't maximally safe for everybody around you?

[/ QUOTE ]

SRSLY HOW HARD IS IT TO CALL A CAB PPPLZ?!?!?!
Old 11-26-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What I'm saying is I want to trust the science behind it and the lawmakers. If less than .08 is legal, then nobody should get in trouble for less than .08.

And I detest people who drive drunk.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pirateboy,

[/ QUOTE ]

it's pretty clear that he doesn't know his mistake (or at least didn't before he got his sentence)

you don't get 3 underaged DUI's while driving without a license by accident.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, let's see - numbers like .08 are artificially created and there's no hard line of proof for when someone's drunk. However, you obviously can't trust the people charged with enforcing the law and protecting those that drunk drivers are threatening innocent people on the roads. Where's the acceptable place to give authority?

People CAN be impaired below .08, which is why police have ultimate discretion. No system will ever be perfect, but there has to be discretion SOMEWHERE.

OP is still an idiot, and the 2.5 years he has to think about it are a good thing. Hopefully this will reinforce the concept that he shouldn't be doing [censored] like that. He sounds like he's already gotten some help, and I can only hope that it works.