Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 1 WR
Randy Moss @Seattle 3 27.27%
Lee Evans vs. GB 4 36.36%
Joe Horn @Tampa 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: PokerFink\'s 2007 NFC Rankings (Week 6)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Philly's 1 big win skews their stats heavily. They are +35 in 1 game and -18 in the rest of the games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes of course. But in terms of predictive power, whether it's DVOA or Sagarin or whatever, that doesn't matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure I qgree with this. To use an extreme example to prove my point:

Say that a RB has had these many yards rushing in the first 10 games of the season:

Do you really think that hes more likely to rush for 40 yards(his average) than 15 yards in his 11th game of the season? I think eliminating the best and worst performances and then averaging it out may be a better idea, although obviously the season is too young for that right now.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After coughing up the game turning fumble, Santana Moss took himself out of the game, later explaining, "Something wasn't feeling right with me, and why go out there and keep another guy from helping us win?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, for their stud reciever this is something I don't want to hear. You are trying to tell me that you have no interest in your profession at the height of it no matter? Playing against a top team in the conference and watching two division rivals surge you can't get up for your job? That made me mad after reading that and I apologize for the rant, especially considering this is the first time I've seen it and don't know the whole story.

Fink I like the rankings this week. My gripe is I would have dropped Arizona to #9. But I'm sure that will work itself out when they go into Washington.

As for the polls, I like inside rushers and Peterson can do that. Jaguars, LDO, and Miami in the miracle upset.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I actually took it the exact opposite...I thought it was complete class and unselfishness. If you watched the game, you would know that he was clearly hurting the team by playing. To rather sit and help the team win than play and hinder the team shows character imo.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Philly's 1 big win skews their stats heavily. They are +35 in 1 game and -18 in the rest of the games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes of course. But in terms of predictive power, whether it's DVOA or Sagarin or whatever, that doesn't matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure I qgree with this. To use an extreme example to prove my point:

Say that a RB has had these many yards rushing in the first 10 games of the season:

Do you really think that hes more likely to rush for 40 yards(his average) than 15 yards in his 11th game of the season? I think eliminating the best and worst performances and then averaging it out may be a better idea, although obviously the season is too young for that right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

It really depends on opponents and stuff, but there's no reason to think he'll be held to 15 yards if he's capable of putting up 250. That's the point. It's skewed to a certain extent, but the Eagles most likely are not as bad as their 1-3 record in games not against the Lions.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After coughing up the game turning fumble, Santana Moss took himself out of the game, later explaining, "Something wasn't feeling right with me, and why go out there and keep another guy from helping us win?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, for their stud reciever this is something I don't want to hear. You are trying to tell me that you have no interest in your profession at the height of it no matter? Playing against a top team in the conference and watching two division rivals surge you can't get up for your job? That made me mad after reading that and I apologize for the rant, especially considering this is the first time I've seen it and don't know the whole story.

Fink I like the rankings this week. My gripe is I would have dropped Arizona to #9. But I'm sure that will work itself out when they go into Washington.

As for the polls, I like inside rushers and Peterson can do that. Jaguars, LDO, and Miami in the miracle upset.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I actually took it the exact opposite...I thought it was complete class and unselfishness. If you watched the game, you would know that he was clearly hurting the team by playing. To rather sit and help the team win than play and hinder the team shows character imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way, you are your teams best and probably only big playmaker. Everyone has bad games or bad stretches, it doesnt make you magically horrible. I doubt he actually pulled himself, but if he did thats horrible. Hell, any reason other than him being hurt would be horrible.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No way, you are your teams best and probably only big playmaker. Everyone has bad games or bad stretches, it doesnt make you magically horrible. I doubt he actually pulled himself, but if he did thats horrible. Hell, any reason other than him being hurt would be horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
He has been hurt, this was his first game back and he played terribly. He had several drops as well as that fumble. He obviously thought he was ready to go today (and was fully recovered from injury), but then realized that he was not by his play. Don't really see the big deal. And the Redkins have plenty of playmakers. They destroyed the Lions just 2 weeks ago without him. Randle El filled in nicely as the #1, and Cooley = god.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you watch the game? I would be shocked if you said yes. He was hurting the team tremendously. I say with no hyperbole at all that it would've been better to have a DI college WR in the game. He was horrific. It helped the team to sit him....I'm a big Skins fan and I"m 100% certain of this.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:50 PM

People laugh at Clark but the NFC East is really a lot better than the rest of the conference. Pack should be higher (I think them and TB is a tossup) but otherwise the 4 NFC East teams are all top 8.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:51 PM

If he was still hurt then that's fine, but sitting yourself just because you dropped a few balls and fumbled the lead away is bad. You are a supreme reciever, go get it back. And I watched about 30% of the game, but it makes no difference.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People laugh at Clark but the NFC East is really a lot better than the rest of the conference. Pack should be higher (I think them and TB is a tossup) but otherwise the 4 NFC East teams are all top 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that some people are forgetting that if it weren't for some terrible luck, the Eagles would have beat the Packers. They got outplayed by Washington, plain and simple. Obviously they looked terrible in the Giants loss, but that was much more a product of injuries than anything else. I'm not trying to claim they are at the top of the conference or will compete with Dallas, but to claim that they aren't top 6 is just wrong in my opinion. They have one true loss on the season.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:58 PM

Little worried for the Skins. Thats now 2 games they have just simply given away. They SHOULD be undefeated now. I don't get how they let the Packers win, just like I don't get how they let the Giants win. They completely dominated the first half of both games, and the defense still played well, but the offense just completely collapsed. This loss especially may be the loss that keeps them from the playoffs.

With the NFC East apparently much stronger than anticipated, with the Giants suddenly looking like contenders, Redskins don't have an easy path to the playoffs anymore. @ NE, @ Tampa, 2x vs Cowboys and another vs the Giants. I really don't see them finishing better than 9-7 without some serious turnaround. I see 7 maybe 8 wins in this schedule, but I figure Skins will blow at least 2 of them.

Arizona
@ NE
@ NYJ
Philly
@ DAL
@ TB
Buffalo
Chicago
@ NYG
@ Min
Dallas

Assuming Was (vs ARI), NYG (vs SF), and DAL (vs MIN) all win this week, NFC East would have 6-1, 5-2, 4-2 teams, 3 of the top 4 teams in the conference.