Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is there anything ethically wrong with joyously pounding the raise button?
No, pound away 52 50.49%
Yes, but pound away anyway 13 12.62%
Yes, and I attempt to give my opponent a reasonable chance to return 19 18.45%
Not sure, don't care, pound away 19 18.45%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2007, 02:23 AM

Default Re: FFB Ethics / Fair Play Questions

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Majority of owners in the league seemed to disagree about trade being voidable...though most thought it was shady

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, but also 2 other people in this league are fellow mods with Jurollo, so a little bias there. Not to mention Jurollo flat out lied and said the AIM conversations I claimed were made up.

Although I feel what he did was really scummy, the most despicable part of all of this is how he has acted after the trade.

"Grow up" "Quit your crying" "Was never any AIM convo", etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i know and i was a bit surprised that he would bs me like that...but this all happened over like a week 1/2.

Had we put it to a vote which really wasn't set up to be that way...I'm not sure it would have been overturned.

Had the stuff about the aim conversation etc come to light right away it might have swayed things a bit more.

I've never commished these leagues in that matter in part because it almost always been mttc's i knew or had dealt with on the forums so obv assumed stupid [censored] like this would never happen. Obv now everything will have to go to a league vote if objections are raised...though I don't see myself as being able just to veto stuff on my own when i feel its unfair etc.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So is the 2nd team accepting the open trade after initially turning it down cheating? angel shooting? gamesmanship? or standard given the other team never withdrew the trade?

[/ QUOTE ]

Angle shot, ie...taking advantage of the player failing to withdraw the trade, especially considering it was accepted two weeks later, and long after originally declining the trade.

That the other player failed in his responsibility to withdraw a trade he no longer wanted, it doesn't excuse the angle-shooter for taking advantage of a situation two weeks later that he most likely knew wasn't any longer a legitimately valid offer.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
someone in my league cut terrel owens yesterday. he immediately sent out an email saying it was a mistake. should we let him keep owens or put him on the waiver wire (auction league fwiw)?

[/ QUOTE ]

you have to assume that it is a mistake obv and if u have been running your league to kind of , what i call babysitting the owners, u can fix it.

but it gets dicey in these areas cuz when a guy says..oops i meant to reject that trade not accept it...it could be he is telling the truth..or it could be he is having remorse, or a buddy just told him it was a terrible move..yada yada yada
Old 10-06-2007, 02:26 AM

Yea,I completely understand. I am not faulting you or any of the other mods here at all.

Sorry if it came off that way.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea,I completely understand. I am not faulting you or any of the other mods here at all.

Sorry if it came off that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

no worries. I might have questioned it right away and put it to a vote if it had been some random 50 post microdonk who was playing with $$ he didn't have and I had no interactions with him. Cuz it was Jurollo I naturally assumed(gave benefit of doubt) that there was nothing shady going on and it was just kind of dick thing to do to a friend(was under assumption u guys were friends).

then all the background stuff came out and it kind of took on a life of its own.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
someone in my league cut terrel owens yesterday. he immediately sent out an email saying it was a mistake. should we let him keep owens or put him on the waiver wire (auction league fwiw)?

[/ QUOTE ]

you have to assume that it is a mistake obv and if u have been running your league to kind of , what i call babysitting the owners, u can fix it.

but it gets dicey in these areas cuz when a guy says..oops i meant to reject that trade not accept it...it could be he is telling the truth..or it could be he is having remorse, or a buddy just told him it was a terrible move..yada yada yada

[/ QUOTE ]

Similar situation in my league this week. An owner has Antonio Gates. He picked up a new TE for Gates's bye week. This week, presumably accidentally, he dropped Gates. My guess is that he intended to drop the other TE, but dropped Gates accidentally.

Luckily this owner is first on the waiver wire, so can correct the mistake himself. But you better believe that if he doesn't correct it, and I end up getting Gates off waivers, I'm not going to correct the mistake by giving Gates back to him.

(I'm not the commissioner, so I'm not commenting on what a commish should do.)
Old 10-31-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

kinda funny that you put out this hypothetical bc that acutally happened in the same league a couple weeks ago.

cant remember the specifics but it was eli plus someone else for ronnie brown. dude with brown misclick accepts and immediately makes a post and sends an email to the commish.

anyway, league agreed to cancel it. not sure if its ironic he woulda been better off.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Luckily this owner is first on the waiver wire, so can correct the mistake himself. But you better believe that if he doesn't correct it, and I end up getting Gates off waivers, I'm not going to correct the mistake by giving Gates back to him.

(I'm not the commissioner, so I'm not commenting on what a commish should do.)

[/ QUOTE ]
The person that drops a player usually cannot claim them off waivers. I dropped someone on Sunday morning earlier this season, and went to add them off waivers (after he had a big game of course) and I was not allowed. It's a Yahoo private league, with 2 day waiver time.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:31 PM

ARGGGHHHHH
Old 10-31-2007, 06:33 PM

I think we can all be in agreement that CBS leagues are retarded for not having a deadline on trades being accepted. I've never played a CBS league before this year (after always playing on yahoo) and I almost had a similar problem occur where I offered a trade during week 1 and it was still there during week 4 until I realized it and withdrew it.

As for this situation, accepting the trade is pretty bad. What makes it wrong is the fact that he explicitly rejected the trade, then went ahead and accepted it a few weeks later. If he had said he would think about the trade offer, then accepted it a few weeks later I think that would be fine, but after you reject it the move becomes an angle-shoot.