Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2007, 09:45 AM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Is it currently possible to run all-in-queries such as the one the software PokerEV does with the PT database? (Sklansky bucks graphs and such)?
Old 08-07-2007, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
reimport from pt isnt workin right now eh ?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, it is for me with a few errors

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he means directly from PT which is not currently available. For now you'll need to export from PT and then import into HM.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

hm, i exportet hands from pt, 300hands/file and HM tells me every file contains no holdem hand (ipoker hands)
Old 08-07-2007, 10:29 AM

I'm assuming this software isn't going to remain free forever, is it?

Any idea what price you'll be charging when it's completely done?

EDIT: nm, maybe I should read the whole OP [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any news on the 0, 0, 0 import bug? I haven't checked this thread for a while so I may have missed it

[/ QUOTE ]

I found fixes for many causes of the problem. There are a few more things to check too (and you should delete and recreate your database before trying)

1) make sure you turn off your anti virus software - Mcafee in particular caused problems for a bunch of people.

2) Any hand history file > apx 18 MB will fail at the moment

3) Don't import from a root folder (ie C:\, D:\ etc) - but it in a folder and then try importing it. This will be fixed as well.

[ QUOTE ]
Is it currently possible to run all-in-queries such as the one the software PokerEV does with the PT database? (Sklansky bucks graphs and such)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not yet

[ QUOTE ]
hm, i exportet hands from pt, 300hands/file and HM tells me every file contains no holdem hand (ipoker hands)

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you send me one of the files? PT sometimes changes files a little bit when exporting so some tweaks are usually needed.

[ QUOTE ]
Any idea what price you'll be charging when it's completely done?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pricing has changed a little since the original post. The HUD (coming soon) and Manager are now bundles together and the price will be $95. There will be a discount coupon available for the first week following launch and a slightly bigger discount to existing tourney manager customers.

rvg
Old 08-07-2007, 12:36 PM

sent you some exported hands.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:47 PM

One thing I would like to see is more expanded note taking features (compared to PT). Like an HTML style editor to take detalied notes about hands or sessions. It would be nice to be able to record links to relevent threads or w/e when taking notes. Also, I'd like a way to index and sort notes by more than just hand #
Old 08-07-2007, 03:23 PM

rvg,

i have permissions set on my XP machine and am having great difficulty installing this/running it from my restricted account.

does HM need admin privileges to run? i think that might be the problem, but if that's the case i'm going to have to reinstall.

thx.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing I would like to see is more expanded note taking features (compared to PT). Like an HTML style editor to take detalied notes about hands or sessions. It would be nice to be able to record links to relevent threads or w/e when taking notes. Also, I'd like a way to index and sort notes by more than just hand #

[/ QUOTE ]

a kick-ass style note taker/HUD displayer for each player would be pretty sweet. especially if he's a regular who plays on multiple sites that you can link their names to.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:36 PM

I don't know if anybody mentioned this, I'm sure they have. But date filtering is really really slow even with the newest beta. I'm sure this has to do with how the database is setup. I think this is pretty important, at least definitely for me when working with a big database of hands.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:06 PM

Hi,

I haven't done any performance tweaking yet during this beta but will be doing a lot more of this over the next week or two. In the Alpha I had a 10 million hand DB that ran extremely well once the indexes were all setup properly and everything vacuum analyzed.

Thanks,

rvg