Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 02:53 AM

Default Re: We Don\'t Need No Stinkin\' Content: September LC Thread

You should have someone sweat you over 200+ hands.

I've played .50-1 and I'm just gonna say this.

If you can't beat .50 you are a losing player. Which is weird cuz you seem solid from your posts. Like at least 3-6 solid.

word

Best of luck man
Old 09-17-2007, 09:31 AM

Just sit at the table with a full stack morans!

UTG raises, I 3-bet with TT, BB caps with JJ, UTG calls, I call.

Flop TT7 BB bets, UTG folds, I raise, BB just calls:

Turn: J
BB bets and is all in! WHAT!?? ALL IN!??!!! You [censored] bastard, reload when you get low! You cost me 7BB.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:16 PM

I love live poker.

2 hands from last night:

Hand 1: UTG is crazy and will limp, and then reraise probably 75% of the time it is raised with ATC. He will also frequently c/r with any piece of the board and then check the next street if he doesn't improve. MP is a supernit and loves to table coach / complain about losing hands.

UTG limps, UTG+1 calls, MP calls, I call with QTs (diamonds) in HJ, CO calls, SB calls, and BB checks.

Flop: Ah Ts 5h
checked to me, I bet, folded to UTG who c/rs, folded to me, I call.

Turn: 6d
He checks as per usual, I bet, he calls.

River: Jh
He donks, I call. He shows T4 and MHIG. MP proclaims that he folded an Ace on the flop because of the c/r. I didn't bother asking why he didn't just lead, or 3bet.

Hand 2: (4/8) MP is tight and passive, and from out of town. He thinks he is a pretty good player though, and LOVES to make "expert" laydowns.

There's a million limpers to hero in SB who raises AKs. Basically everyone calls and its like, 9 way to the flop.

Flop: AQ9
Hero bets, BB calls, couple other callers, MP calls.

Turn: 2
Hero bets, BB raises all in for $10. Folded to hero who calls.

River is a blank, BB doesn't end up showing but MHIG. MP says he folded AK on the turn (I believe him), because there are "so many hands out there that can beat AK". LOL, thanks buddy.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:20 PM

boy SSL has been a graveyard the last few days.

is everyone on vacation or something?
Old 09-17-2007, 03:29 PM

No, I'm working a paper deadline, so I don't have much time for the next couple of days.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:22 PM

My girlfriend called me a nerd today... her teacher had to go to the hospital and during the wait he read Carl Jung, after which he summarized his finding to his/her class. He said he kept notes on the text for the past 15 years and now summarized it in one schematic diagram. And how much fun all of that is. She said the only person she could think of at that moment was me; not because of my dazzling looks and her wish to do other things, but because I just told her I was going to read a book on experimental design and statistics for fun.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but because I just told her I was going to read a book on experimental design and statistics for fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand. Experimental design and statistics are fun.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but because I just told her I was going to read a book on experimental design and statistics for fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand. Experimental design and statistics are fun.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what I said! I even told here, "When I was you age, I read topology books for fun."
Old 09-19-2007, 11:35 AM

I'll tell you something else about experimental design....

When I was younger, for about a dozen years, I worked in the reserch facility for a major corporation. It was the kind of place, where as one of my friends said 'If you're a smart person here, you're just another face in the hallway.' I can't tell you how many people there just had a BA but it wasn't that many, and I was one of them. It seemed like having at least a masters was a prerequisite for getting hired, and at a mimimum I would guess that at least 50% of the people there had a Phd. Anyway the key to my survival there, was that I COULD do experimental design and data analysis and manipulation. Because even though people were able to get advanced degrees which meant that they probably had to survive at least one experiment for a thesis, they weren't necessarily able to see the connections between what they wanted to test, and the data they were able to generate with their tests, and the applications that that data could be used for.

Oh yeah, and if you are ever in that position, it probably will help you to get promoted, if you never look at your boss's work and say, 'why are we comparing apples and avocaodos here? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]'

Anyway, the two skills that I think every corporation can always use are, people who can write well, and people who can use applied mathematics.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:31 PM

Here's a couple of funny things from the card room last night from a regular there. She's this mid 30's chick who is really loud and annoying and plays terrible. At least she has big boobs :P.

She raises preflop UTG and is called in a few places, including the SB who is tricky and aggro, and likes to bluffraise. Flop is K22. She bets, folded to SB who c/rs. She folds AK face up and says "I'm not a sucker sir!". LOL.

Another time some dude on the other end of the table who likes to gambool decides to straddle. She says "Oh, he just made the second biggest mistake in poker!". Stupidly, I ask, "What's the first biggest mistake.". She replies, "Raising from the big blind." Nice!
Closed Thread