Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Superuser at betfair.

[ QUOTE ]
winning player obv

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok just assume that he had no read whatsoever on me (as we only played half hour together) and ive been playing well.

And yeah of course its not concrete evidence, never said it was! Just pointing out that in light of recent events, it just makes you think..
Old 10-18-2007, 12:42 PM

FWIW, I sent a PM to the blogger at Pokergoo and asked if he could let us know exactly what happened at Betfair. Hopefully we'll get a clarification from him.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:46 PM

What did you want him to do, pop you with 78?
Old 10-18-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Exactly! How many times have you been playing at a table when one person comes along that cannot lose? No matter what you do, they seem to know everything. Every time you try a bluff they "know" you have nothing so re-raise. Every time you catch a hand, they "know" you have something and fold. All this without ever seeing the white of your eyes.

I'm talking random strangers too. Not someone you have played several times before.

I've seen this happen multiple times at multiple sites. Having read the AP superuser threads, I'm convinced this is exactly what was happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now let us not get carried away. Stick to what can be proven. As Adanthar noted, the occurence of a superuser that can see everyone's hole cards without the use of a trojan, is still only isolated to AP, and there' not really any reason to conclude that online poker is rigged yet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm not claiming to be a great poker player, never have. I can hold my own at 5/10 NL cash games and have occasionally played 10/20 NL games. I now prefer 5/10 max online, simply because of my past experiences.

However, I'm not stupid either. I've been a software developer for 10 years. The point I was trying to make in my original post was that Admin/SuperUser accounts exist on all sites, not just AP. It's also a fact that people must have access to these accounts to test the software. How many people can honestly say if they had access to such accounts they wouldn't be tempted to use them to make a lot of extra money?

Occassionaly, I've experienced play that could only be explained by someone using such an account. At the time I suspected collusion but it just seemed too exact to be collusion.

Also, POTRIPPER would never have been caught had it not been for someone sending the wrong hand histories. He didn't even cheat particularly well, playing nearly every hand, never folding to a bluff, etc and he would still never have been exposed. Even "Potroast" who played against him in that tournament said he looked like a maniac who was trying to run over the table (it's in the AP thread).

If I were a clever scammer and had access to the SuperUser account, I'd stay well clear of the big games. It's too small a community, where a lot of them know each other. Instead, I'd target the mid-range games where I could still make plenty. And I'd cheat a lot better than POTRIPPER. What are the chances of ever being caught using such tactics? I'd estimate they are close to zero.

I know this is starting to sound like an "All online poker is rigged" rant. It's not meant to be and I don't believe it is. However, the SuperUser account genie is out of the bottle and can never be put back in. I'm sure I'm not the only one that suspects they may have been a victim of this.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:26 PM

Last year Jonny Lodden Was cheated and he was bleaming it all on Fast Freddie on prima. He told that he had plant some virus in his computer..can this be like that story? He lost like the biggest pot online..
Old 10-18-2007, 01:37 PM

I have been saying for sometime that online poker is being ruined enough by things such as poker tracker. Playing betfair myself from $100-$200 I make very good money as people will who know me will know. Sometimes when playing a bad player at these stakes then seeing them move up to $750-$1000 i insta sit as I know I have a huge edge over them. Quite often the location of the player is Italy and when you move up you lose every game. The exact extent of the cheating if any who knows. On a seperate but related matter playing a bad player yesterday and here are a few hand histories, my calls are not those I would make against a regular player however he was so bad I was willing to take the chance....

***** Betfair Poker Hand History for Game 264143035 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $300 Buy-in + $15 Entry Fee, Level:1 Blinds(10/20-(no ante)) - Thursday, October 18, 04:06:20 GMT 2007
$300+$15 NL Holdem #1184224
Table 1 2-max (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of active players : 2
Seat 1: (alias deleted) ( 1,330 )
Seat 2: Mr Silent ( 1,670 )
Tourney Level:1 Blinds(10/20-(no ante))
Mr Silent posts small blind [10]
(alias deleted) posts big blind [20]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Mr Silent [ Ks, Ah ]
Mr Silent raises to [60]
(alias deleted) raises to [180]
Mr Silent goes all-in
Mr Silent raises to [1,670]
(alias deleted) calls [1,150]
(alias deleted) goes all-in
Returning uncalled bet [340] to Mr Silent
** Showdown **
(alias deleted) shows [ 6d, Td ]
Mr Silent shows [ Ks, Ah ]
** Dealing Flop ** [ Kh, Th, 6h ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ Qs ]
** Dealing River ** [ 9c ]
** Hand Conclusion **
(alias deleted) wins 2,660 from main pot with two pair, Tens and Sixes

***** Betfair Poker Hand History for Game 264141758 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $200 Buy-in + $8 Entry Fee, Level:1 Blinds(10/20-(no ante)) - Thursday, October 18, 03:41:17 GMT 2007
$200+$8 NL Holdem #1184219
Table 1 2-max (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of active players : 2
Seat 1: Mr Silent ( 1,680 )
Seat 2: (alias deleted) ( 1,320 )
Tourney Level:1 Blinds(10/20-(no ante))
Mr Silent posts small blind [10]
(alias deleted) posts big blind [20]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Mr Silent [ Qc, Ad ]
Mr Silent raises to [60]
(alias deleted) raises to [100]
Mr Silent goes all-in
Mr Silent raises to [1,680]
(alias deleted) calls [1,220]
(alias deleted) goes all-in
Returning uncalled bet [360] to Mr Silent
** Showdown **
Mr Silent shows [ Qc, Ad ]
(alias deleted) shows [ Jc, 7c ]
** Dealing Flop ** [ Ac, Jd, 9h ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2c ]
** Dealing River ** [ Jh ]
** Hand Conclusion **
(alias deleted) wins 2,640 from main pot with three of a kind, Jacks
************ Game 264141758 ends ************

Just a few of the kinds of hands these crazy italians play against us, I have a few more but can't be bothered to trawl through thousands of HH. Somewhere on my blog I said poker has difficult times ahead, it may have been this post:

http://punterzpoker.blogspot.com/200...er-online.html
Old 10-18-2007, 01:39 PM

oh no you lost two consecutive 60/40's
Old 10-18-2007, 02:12 PM

lool omg pokerz is the rigged u were such a favorite this is impossible!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 02:17 PM

wtf is this
Old 10-18-2007, 02:22 PM

you know, this thread had a legitimate-ish start, but since I can tell what it's going to degenerate into I'm closing it now.

feel free to repost it in a few days when the influx dies down.
Closed Thread