Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP

View Poll Results: How much would you pay WSEX monthly for providing names in the hand histories?
$15 0 0%
$20 0 0%
$25 (I like) 0 0%
$35 0 0%
$50 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2007, 11:47 AM

Default Re: What did Yang have when Childs folded QQ?

I watched the telecast live on PPV. At the start of that table they stated that Yang had been playing very cautiously and nitty, almost weak-tight from 27 players on down. He did open raise a few hands before this one, but no showdowns he could have just been getting good hands.

In this spot Childs opens UTG and Yang reraises UTG+1. Against a typical opponent in a full ring game this is AA/KK only. Given Childs image of Yang at the time his fold is not bad. If anything his only mistake is bet/folding flop instead of check/folding flop.

I am not sure if he was getting set odds to call preflop, but if not I would have mucked it right there. Of course it turns out Yang used his previous image to his advantage and ran the table over, so give him some credit for that. But AT THE TIME given his image, Childs fold was not as absurd as it seems, if you had watched the telecast.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:57 PM

I watched the whole thing, and still think it was an awful fold. I do agree with your assesment of the action and it sounds like a good justification, but I just feel like if queens are good enough to call the re-raise and then lead with, you gotta go with them there. Given what we have learned about yang, and he tendency to overvalue hands, I think QQ is way ahead of his range. I probably just shove preflop after Yang re-raises. Oh well, I think Childs freaks out when he sees this on TV (if he doesn't know already, lol)
Old 09-01-2007, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I said it then, I will say it again, worst fold ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes except when wasica folded the folded 78s in last years me. I HATED that fold so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

He flopped an open end straigh flush draw, right? I agree, I was dying when he folded that.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I watched the whole thing, and still think it was an awful fold. I do agree with your assesment of the action and it sounds like a good justification, but I just feel like if queens are good enough to call the re-raise and then lead with, you gotta go with them there. Given what we have learned about yang , and he tendency to overvalue hands, I think QQ is way ahead of his range. I probably just shove preflop after Yang re-raises. Oh well, I think Childs freaks out when he sees this on TV (if he doesn't know already, lol)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, Childs didn't [censored] KNOW HOW WILD Yang was playing yet. After it's over we can say, "Yang was a wild man who had JJ, ldo call with QQ" But at that table in real time his hand looks like AA/KK and will be AA/KK like 80% of the time. Check/folding the flop is obviously best and I agree that after leading you gotta call. But this is not the "worst fold ever". It wasn't even the worst fold at that table.