Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Money. Bored. Evolution.

Open offer, to NR, Inso, and anyone else with an extensive post history advocating that evolotion is false.

If you will read and digest the contents of talkorigins, which would be a significant amount of effort on par with a good undergraduate level class, I imagine, I will pay you 5k.

Details subject to negotiation, and obviously some sort of test will be required, but the offer is not meant to be tricky in any way.

Anyone?
Old 05-24-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Money. Bored. Evolution.

[ QUOTE ]
Open offer, to NR, Inso, and anyone else with an extensive post history advocating that evolotion is false.

If you will read and digest the contents of talkorigins, which would be a significant amount of effort on par with a good undergraduate level class, I imagine, I will pay you 5k.

Details subject to negotiation, and obviously some sort of test will be required, but the offer is not meant to be tricky in any way.

Anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I make a gimmick account please please please? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I promise I'll make a couple hundred anti-evolution posts first. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2007, 05:46 PM

What do we mean by evolution is false?

I typically fall into the group of posters that you mentioned, but I'm not sure where I'd land on this one.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I typically fall into the group of posters that you mentioned, but I'm not sure where I'd land on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd suggest these criteria:

Believe there is no evidence or it is impossible to support speciation through natural selection

or something along those lines. Its arahant's 5 grand, though, so I'll let him decide. I had no idea he was wealthy enough to make this challenge.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe there is no evidence or it is impossible to support speciation through natural selection

or something along those lines. Its arahant's 5 grand, though, so I'll let him decide. I had no idea he was wealthy enough to make this challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

my first instict was to make a post like yours, saying i could start today if the offer will still be good in the future. then i wondered if i should ask him to stake me.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my first instict was to make a post like yours, saying i could start today if the offer will still be good in the future. then i wondered if i should ask him to stake me.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I didnt already have a good staking deal I might have asked the same. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2007, 09:59 PM

It is my understanding that Not Ready is not adamantly opposed to the truth of full fledged evolution as long as God is somehow behind it. But perhaps I shouldn't say that since I don't want you to rescind an offer that he might very well accept.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure there is no empirical evidence for speciation through natural selection
Old 05-24-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure there is no empirical evidence for speciation through natural selection

[/ QUOTE ]
It has been observed in a limited and mucky way (as is usual with speciation discussions) amongst drosophila amongst others. A geneticist friend of mine lent me a book on it back when Sharkey was around but it was too heavy going for me.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:25 PM

Evolution is crap!

Make your check payable to . . .