Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Catching Myspace stalkers

http://www.profilesnoop.com/
Old 05-24-2007, 11:55 PM

Isn't it widely regarded that all of these things DON'T work? Until I find out otherwise I'm not going to add any sort of dodge code to my page.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:01 AM

Is there any way to do this for facebook
Old 05-25-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't it widely regarded that all of these things DON'T work? Until I find out otherwise I'm not going to add any sort of dodge code to my page.

[/ QUOTE ]

It works, but it only works for people who signed up for that specific site. When you sign up for a tracker, you are giving that site permission to track you also.

So if said stalker ex girlfriend isn't also a member of that site, it won't show you that she visited.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any way to do this for facebook

[/ QUOTE ]

no
Old 05-25-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It works, but it only works for people who signed up for that specific site. When you sign up for a tracker, you are giving that site permission to track you also.

So if said stalker ex girlfriend isn't also a member of that site, it won't show you that she visited.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be the least useful thing I've ever heard of.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be the least useful thing I've ever heard of.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the good old days of Flash having a huge security flaw, you could have a script that would access the cookies of the person viewing your myspace thread. The flash would return the person's myspace id#, so you'd know just who did it.

Once that was closed, now these sites build databases by you giving them your myspace id# and then they record your IP address. So then, they match up IP addresses with myspace id#'s to tell you who visited your page.

So, unless you signed up to one of these sites, you can't be tracked, except if OP knows ex's IP address.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:51 AM

The way you described it I still don't understand how it would work even if you did have the IP address.

It would be kinda funny how creeped out everyone would be with one another if something like this came out all the sudden that everyone knew about.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The way you described it I still don't understand how it would work even if you did have the IP address.

It would be kinda funny how creeped out everyone would be with one another if something like this came out all the sudden that everyone knew about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like 2p2 right now is tracking our IP's for everything we do, you can put an image on your profile and getting stats on that image would show you all the IP addresses that accessed that image.

If you knew ex's IP address, you just try to match it up with stats from picture.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like 2p2 right now is tracking our IP's for everything we do, you can put an image on your profile and getting stats on that image would show you all the IP addresses that accessed that image.

If you knew ex's IP address, you just try to match it up with stats from picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm so in that case you wouldnt even need the sites? Or you would need them to get the stats from the picture? Sorry if Im being dumb here.