Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather:
Play in a serious game of dodgeball once every two months for the next 15 years. 30 56.60%
Not. 23 43.40%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2007, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Electron microscope analysis of steel spheres from WTC site

[ QUOTE ]
And when you ask him a question he can't answer, he just ignores you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, thats not really a failing of the denier, its just the beauty of internet message boards.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:28 PM

To give Nielso a small amount of credit (very small), there actually is no 3-D finite element analysis model of the whole collapse for the simple reason that it's just too damn complex to calculate one. We're talking so many elements and factors and assumptions that even if you could develop one that could produce a result like that seen on 9/11, the conspiracy theorists would immediately poke holes in it because it made so many assumptions about things which we simply cannot know. So they develop small elements that they can calculate and assume they all fit together. Unfortunately, the real world is not like Hollywood, computers do have limitations, things take time to develop, and people have better things to do than solve problems that have already been solved.

Borodog is right about one thing, he wants the conspiracy more than he wants an answer, because the conspiracy fits in with his worldview. Bad science works that way, real science does not.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Borodog is right about one thing, he wants the conspiracy more than he wants an answer, because the conspiracy fits in with his worldview.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Nielsio has invested too much time and energy convincing himself of the conspiracy. Finally admitting to himself that he might be wrong would be admitting that he has wasted A LOT of time that he could have otherwise spent more constructively...and would also be an admission that he may very well be insane.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
See...this is the kind of thing I'm talking about in my persistence of belief thread [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Nielso: I'm SURE you've already read the entire report, and probably just missed the section on the collapse mechanics. I understand...It's 1000's of pages of very technical material, and it probably took you a long time to read. By the time you got to the 4th volume, you may have been dozing off.

But here. You can probably start reading around page 300 or 310, and get what you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just read through Chapter 5 and it does not describe a sequential mechanism of the *collapses* (as I call for a number times in this thread).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry...You want us to believe that you read over 400 pages of highly technical material in the 17 minutes between my post and yours? STFU and go away.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:52 PM

Here's the sequential mechanism. One floor collapses 70 or 80 floors up, The entire weight of the part of the building above that floor falls into the floor below, then the floor below that one, etc. until the whole thing is a pile of rubble on the ground.

Regarding the claim that the fire couldn't have caused the collapse: Remember the gas truck that burned under the bridge in Oakland a few weeds ago, resulting in the collapse of the (at least partly steel) bridge? The people on these silly-ass web sites telling you that the fire couldn't cause the building to collapse (especially after it was damaged by the impact of the plane) are full of crap. No, I didn't read the site your linked to, and I'm going to. However, on similar sites that I have read, it usually takes only a few paragraphs to tell that they have no clue what they are talking about. They will spout a lot of gobbledygook that looks impressive to people lacking in scientific training and critical thinking skills, but which is obviously [censored] to anybody who has them.

The world trade center collapsed because two planes hit the towers and caught fire inside them. Probability 99.9999999%.

Was there a cover up? Most likely. Cover up is the Bush administration's natural mode of operation, even when there is nothing to cover up, or (most commonly) nothing to cover up except their incompetence, which they inevitably fail to cover up, because they're too incompetent to conduct a cover up. See U.S. attorney firings: Only the Bush administration could turn something they had every right to do into a scandal. All they had to say is "We fired them because we didn't like them". Instead, they had Gonzalez claiming he knew nothing about why his own employees were fired, and changed their story 7 or 8 times. Now, do you really think think Larry, Moe and Curly -- Oops! I mean Dubbaya, Dick and Rummy, were smart enough to stage a fake terrorist attack and get away with it? I don't
Old 05-24-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Remember the gas truck that burned under the bridge in Oakland a few weeds ago, resulting in the collapse of the (at least partly steel) bridge?

[/ QUOTE ]

What a tool you are. That was even lamer than 9/11!
http://www.429truth.com/
Old 06-21-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
See...this is the kind of thing I'm talking about in my persistence of belief thread [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Nielso: I'm SURE you've already read the entire report, and probably just missed the section on the collapse mechanics. I understand...It's 1000's of pages of very technical material, and it probably took you a long time to read. By the time you got to the 4th volume, you may have been dozing off.

But here. You can probably start reading around page 300 or 310, and get what you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just read through Chapter 5 and it does not describe a sequential mechanism of the *collapses* (as I call for a number times in this thread).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry...You want us to believe that you read over 400 pages of highly technical material in the 17 minutes between my post and yours? STFU and go away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I say "I read through chapter 5", then you say that I claim that I read over 400 pages, and then you tell me to STFU and go away. Chapter 5 is 20 pages with lots of white space and diagrams.

Maybe you can read a little more carefully next time before you start yelling.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's the sequential mechanism. One floor collapses 70 or 80 floors up, The entire weight of the part of the building above that floor falls into the floor below,

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me stop you there, as I think this doesn't match with the video footage. The video footage shows that the part above the impact zone collapses in on itself whereby the impact zone 'stays put'. Only after the part above the impact zone has collapsed halfway to 2/3rds does the whole thing start moving down from the impact zone.

http://sumitbhatnagar.multiply.com/video/item/4
Old 06-21-2007, 01:02 PM

OMG a month ago no one cared about this and you brought it back? What did you just get a refill on your kook pills?
Old 06-21-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG a month ago no one cared about this and you brought it back? What did you just get a refill on your kook pills?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing he spent the interim spamming every other message board on the internet with his conspiracy nonsense.