Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Dinosaurs on Mars?

Who cares about big dinos, why are there so many different bibles out there, and what are you Christians going to do about all those Bhudists?
Old 05-23-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now why would anyone take a fully grown animal when an adolescent would do just fine? They're smaller, they require SIGNIFICANTLY less food, and they are more resistant to any number of ailments that older animals are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

So your theory is that the Ark was filled with dinosaur babies? Makes perfect sense to me.

So what happened to the dinosaurs once the waters receded? You still haven't explained this to me. Why did 99.9% of the dinosaurs die off 6000 or so years ago? Did they displease the lord in some way?
Old 05-23-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do, however, want you to stop teaching your religion in my public schools to unsuspecting heads full of mush and calling it scientific.

Which

it

is

not.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where you are confused. You don't understand what science is, how it works, or what its goals are. It is the Working Assumption of Science that known laws of physics apply continuously in the past, present, and future. On this assumption great progess has been made in understanding how things work. Theories of science are based on this assumption and on empirical data. This is how Science came up with its theories about the history of life on Earth. That's why they are called scientific theories. Because they conform to the Working Assumptions of Science.

We teach Science in our Public schools because Science has a record of reliability in its practical application. Science has allowed us to go to the moon. Our entire high tech lifestyle depends on solutions provided us by science. It is well worth our tax dollars to teach it to our children. We make no distinction for science that might offend some religious beliefs. We just teach the science.

Religious Beliefs about supernatural forces or supernatural agency are not science and we don't have a reason to spend tax dollars teaching them in our public schools. Science does not disprove such Religious Beliefs. Science does not even speak to them. There is no reason why, when your kids get home from science class, you can't point this out to them and give your Religious instruction on Supernatural Agency to them at home.

PairTheBoard
Old 05-23-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who cares about big dinos, why are there so many different bibles out there, and what are you Christians going to do about all those Bhudists?

[/ QUOTE ]

Buddhists go to hell. Just ask NotReady. Hell is filled with Nazis and Asians, as far as the eye can see. Gandhi is there, too. They deserve to burn for eternity for not following the proper god.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
was taught evolution in school pretty much along the lines of "We see small changes occurring through a variety of flaws in the DNA copying process and we see natural selection operating. This results in organisms changing very slowly over time. We have a theory that this gradual change is enough to account for the plethora of different species we observe in nature. It's the best theory we have so far so we operate as if it was true."

What's wrong with that?

[/ QUOTE ] lol...I'm from suburban Atlanta...my high school evolution learning experience consisted of,
"well class, we're going to skip chapter 10 and move on to chapter 11."

Seriously, that's exactly what happened. (It just-so-happens my bio teacher was a fundamentalist Christian.)
Old 05-24-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just ask NotReady. Hell is filled with Nazis and Asians, as far as the eye can see.

[/ QUOTE ]
O. M. G. SOOO Unfair. Do you have any idea how many people have lived and died in Africa?
Old 05-24-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How about that Brachiosaurus?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is actually kind of creative of you. I assume you heard it somewhere else, but it is a pretty original 'argument'.

In answer to your question, what happens if you pinch YOUR nostrils closed with your hand? Do you die?
Old 05-24-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is actually kind of creative of you. I assume you heard it somewhere else, but it is a pretty original 'argument'.

In answer to your question, what happens if you pinch YOUR nostrils closed with your hand? Do you die?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, if I chase down a rabbit and try to kill it for food. No if I go to the fridge and make myself a salad.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just ask NotReady. Hell is filled with Nazis and Asians, as far as the eye can see.

[/ QUOTE ]
O. M. G. SOOO Unfair. Do you have any idea how many people have lived and died in Africa?

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but the Christian missionaries have been very good at saving Africans' souls. I agree that the Africans who either rejected God or who never had contact with a missionary are burning in hell, but I'd be willing to wager that the Asians outnumber them by at least a 5 to 1 margin. Those pesky Buddhists, Muslims, and Hindus just refuse to see the light!
Old 05-24-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, if I chase down a rabbit and try to kill it for food. No if I go to the fridge and make myself a salad.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can breathe through my mouth!