Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Got in a wreck, got ticketed for \"general safe driving\" violation?

I'm confused, you lost control and caused the wreck, right? If I have that right then why are you surprised that you're getting a ticket??????
Old 09-08-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Got in a wreck, got ticketed for \"general safe driving\" violation?

The road slants down-left and water drains down a cricket. Water pooled on the left of the road and caught my left tire. If they are going to give tickets for not driving on the shoulder of the road to avoid water during a light rain, then city needs to fix the drainage on that road.

However, I'm not going to drive 20 mph every time there is a light rain. I was going well under safe speeds for the amount of water on the roads.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:00 PM

Clearly you weren't going under the safe speed for the amount of water in that patch of road though...
Old 09-08-2007, 01:01 PM

No, but just like any reasonable person won't be driving 15 mph every time they are near some woods for fear of hitting a deer, no reasonable person would be driving 15 mph along that stretch of road to avoid hitting that puddle of water. No reasonable person could have expected that much water in that place of the road with that little bit of rain.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:05 PM

You have your analogy wrong I think. Reasonable people know that when they are near areas that have deer they need to pay attention and watch for them. Just like reasonable people know that when you're driving, and its raining, you should not only drive more cautiously you should also watch for puddles that can drag your car, or spin it out.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, but just like any reasonable person won't be driving 15 mph every time they are near some woods for fear of hitting a deer, no reasonable person would be driving 15 mph along that stretch of road to avoid hitting that puddle of water. No reasonable person could have expected that much water in that place of the road with that little bit of rain.

[/ QUOTE ]

why dont you quit arguing, go to the DMV, and see what the "acceptable safe speeds to avoid hydroplaning" are in the DMV manual, becuase you obv dont know. when you figure it out, dont go over those speeds, if you get in an accident going the speeds specified, then you will have an excuse to act like a douche until than grow up a little
Old 09-08-2007, 01:06 PM

entertaining gallery

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3526753
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5852862
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3252265
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3194852
NSFW
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3208264
Old 09-08-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why dont you quit arguing, go to the DMV, and see what the "acceptable safe speeds to avoid hydroplaning" are in the DMV manual, becuase you obv dont know. when you figure it out, dont go over those speeds, if you get in an accident going the speeds specified, then you will have an excuse to act like a douche until than grow up a little

[/ QUOTE ]

I expected replies like that. I feel like a douche. I feel like I should just be happy that nobody got hurt and all I have to do is pay the fine + repairs. I feel like I'm getting off too easy if that's all I have to pay when I consider how bad things could have been.

But still, whenever I make a mistake I beat myself up over it. I don't like to do stupid things. A while back I threw an unloaded shotgun in the back of the car without putting the safety on and I felt like [censored] all day when I found out. I don't feel bad about this wreck though. I don't feel like there was anything reasonable I could have done to avoid it. That's all.

I'm not really "complaining" or whining. I just figured I'd post this and see what everyone thinks. Finding out that in some states cops are required to issue a ticket during a wreck was worth knowing.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I expected replies like that. I feel like a douche. I feel like I should just be happy that nobody got hurt and all I have to do is pay the fine + repairs. I feel like I'm getting off too easy if that's all I have to pay when I consider how bad things could have been.

But still, whenever I make a mistake I beat myself up over it. I don't like to do stupid things. A while back I threw an unloaded shotgun in the back of the car without putting the safety on and I felt like [censored] all day when I found out. I don't feel bad about this wreck though. I don't feel like there was anything reasonable I could have done to avoid it. That's all.

I'm not really "complaining" or whining. I just figured I'd post this and see what everyone thinks. Finding out that in some states cops are required to issue a ticket during a wreck was worth knowing.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way I think:

the fact no one got hurt is great, but irrelavent. If you were going the accepted speed limit that was taught in the manual (below 30 I think) and it happened and they gave you a ticket then you have EVERY reason in the world to be pissed, becuase you were following the law, and the cop is giving you a ticket for breaking the law. Do I think you purposely put anyone at risk? no. do I think you were going too fast? dunno really, but you were breaking the law so you got a ticket for it.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:37 PM

Fair enough.