Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 01:32 AM

Default live 6/12, AJo CO

I'm typically raising this hand here against weak limpers and/or if I think I can buy the button. I'll occasionally limp in if I feel the limpers in front of me may be unusually tight and passive. The button is loose, so that's not much help, but both of the limpers in this hand have come in with a wide range.

I have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and raise two limpers from CO. BN cold calls, SB folds, BB and limpers call.

Flop [9.5 SB]: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Checked to me, and I bet. BN raises, loose passive BB calls, limpers fold. Action and plan for different turn cards?

BN in this hand was the BB in the following hand earlier in the orbit:
4 limpers, I complete J7s in the SB.
732r flop, BN bets, I raise, BB calls, limpers, BN fold.
K turn gives me a flush draw, I bet, he calls.
9 river, I bet, he calls and mucks.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:44 AM

Default Re: live 6/12, AJo CO

c/f most turns, donk Aces checkraise Jacks.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we also check-call a non-spade king or ten?
Old 10-24-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the opponent. Usually no, C/F. If this guy is loose/passive, I let the hand go. If he's LAG, then I calldown maybe unless the board [censored] spades.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost never.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:14 PM

I didn't give too much of a read on the BN in the OP, mainly because my read on him isn't strong. But I don't necessarily think he's a standard passive live player; too loose definitely, as indicated by the other hand in which he called two cold on the flop and couldn't beat my top pair with just a jack, but I think that draws are in his range.

BN can have a lot of suited Q's, probably offsuit Q's down to around 8 or so, maybe even KJ or JT and straight and flush draws. The BB can have as little as the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

I chose to lead out a blank turn figuring I could fold easily to a raise here without giving away a free card. There were a lot of cards I would have c/f'ed, but the turn was something like a red 7. I bet, BN looks disappointed and confused and calls, BB calls.

River is another blank, say a red 3. OK, I've played the hand differently than everyone else here. Is there a value river bet now?
Old 10-24-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't give too much of a read on the BN in the OP, mainly because my read on him isn't strong. But I don't necessarily think he's a standard passive live player; too loose definitely, as indicated by the other hand in which he called two cold on the flop and couldn't beat my top pair with just a jack, but I think that draws are in his range.

BN can have a lot of suited Q's, probably offsuit Q's down to around 8 or so, maybe even KJ or JT and straight and flush draws. The BB can have as little as the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

I chose to lead out a blank turn figuring I could fold easily to a raise here without giving away a free card. There were a lot of cards I would have c/f'ed, but the turn was something like a red 7. I bet, BN looks disappointed and confused and calls, BB calls.

River is another blank, say a red 3. OK, I've played the hand differently than everyone else here. Is there a value river bet now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll bite. If your read is that he is not a typical loose passive, meaning he is going to be more aggressive than most, I don't really like the turn donk. I like c/f. But I don't hate the turn donk.

Given your read on button after your turn bet I think you have the easiest river check ever. He has a [censored] queen like QTs almost always and he's convinced that you've got him. He's showing down here.

The only other reasonable option is a draw, but I think it's really rare. I think he'd be likely to fold a naked J to the donk bet. I also don't think that a hand he'll coldcall with pf that isn't a draw is behind you very often.

I really need to work on my writing skills.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:26 AM

Call and see what happens on the turn.

If he's LP, he has a Q and you're drawing to 5 outs. If he's more aggro, he could have a draw or a Q or a J (less likely) and you could be folding the better hand.

Against a typical live player, this is a fold for me (but not on the flop, on the turn UI.)