Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 04:26 PM

Default NL HU SNG 11$

second hand in the sng. didn`t play against villain before.

FullTiltPoker Game #3531253077: $11 + $0.50 Heads Up Sit & Go (26969515), Table 1 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:52:14 ET - 2007/09/11
Seat 1: villain(1,515)
Seat 2: hero (1,485)
villainposts the small blind of 15
hero posts the big blind of 30
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to hero [Qh Jc]
villain raises to 60
hero calls 30
*** FLOP *** [Jh 6c Qs]
hero bets 120
villain calls 120
*** TURN *** [Jh 6c Qs] [6h]
her bets 120
villain calls 120
*** RIVER *** [Jh 6c Qs 6h] [9s]
hero bets 270
villain raises to 1,215, and is all in
hero ????????????????

call or fold?? i wasn`t sure what to do...
Old 09-11-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: NL HU SNG 11$

What on earth is going on with your turnbet?

As played I fold.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:35 PM

yeah 1/3 turnbet looks weak... i know....
Old 09-11-2007, 04:45 PM

As played its a definite call. But yeah, bet more on turn. I think you see a straight or a 6 alot here but you also see lot's of other [censored] enough to make this a good call.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:20 PM

Anybody who is capable of folding top 2 on that board in an $11 SNG has to be capable of making a *much* better read than I've ever had on any opponent at that level, ever.

Even at higher stakes, I see people push in situations like this with AA, KK, a lone queen (and not even necessarily with the A or K kicker), or even complete nothing way too often to fold the best two pair.

Then again, I'm on a MASSIVELY negative downswing, and in the process of trying to put together a long video to hopefully have people point out how truly stupid I really am, so maybe you shouldn't listen to me. :/
Old 09-11-2007, 05:26 PM

lol@TNixon

after his push i wasn`t sure if i`m ahead or not. so i decided to fold and wait for a better spot to put the chips in.

but if i read the HH now i may should call the allin.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Even at higher stakes, I see people push in situations like this with AA, KK

[/ QUOTE ]

AA and KK beat you here, but thanks for proving my point.

I dont get why people use the "its a 11$" argument to CALL stuff. If anything it should be an argument for pushing yourself.

Ive played 240 6s and 11s and I just dont see these people everybody is talking about. They are CALLING stations, not pushing stations.

They might go for stupid bluffs more often than midstake players, but they very very rarely push a lone Q no kicker here because theyre "overvaluing" it. They may push it as a bluff.

The reason why lowstake HU opposition sucks so much is cause they usually play FR or 6max. They are UNDERvaluing hands more than they are overvaluing.

Even if its a bluff it isnt a bad one cause hes repping a real hand. KT or a made FH as he is IP.

Im not sure how much research you guys have done on "How does the average 11$ opposition react to a 3barreled riverscarecard if you bet the turn weakly" but Im not calling this.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:13 PM

easy fold. it's one thing if you were in position and it went check/bet for three streets and you are asking whether to bet the river.

but here he pushed the river. this is not how AK/AQ/KQ play this hand. all three are raising your flop bet for protection (AK pushes the flop because that's what they do on this flop or they fold, or call you down all the way). when he pushes the river, kiss any combo counting/equity analysis goodbye: he has you beat a huge % of the time. people don't bluff raise the river at the 11s and they don't push their Q for value on this board.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
easy fold. it's one thing if you were in position and it went check/bet for three streets and you are asking whether to bet the river.

but here he pushed the river. this is not how AK/AQ/KQ play this hand. all three are raising your flop bet for protection (AK pushes the flop because that's what they do on this flop or they fold, or call you down all the way). when he pushes the river, kiss any combo counting/equity analysis goodbye: he has you beat a huge % of the time. people don't bluff raise the river at the 11s and they don't push their Q for value on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you
Old 09-11-2007, 08:48 PM

It is highly recommended that you give the opinion of somebody who recently dumped 85% of their bankroll a much smaller weight than the opinion of people who probably have not dumped 85% of their bankrolls.

In fact, I would recommend you ignore that other dumbass donk entirely. Even if he still somewhat disagrees that people will push with almost any queen there, especially given the weakness you showed on the turn, and believes that there are plenty of people out there who are more than happy to "slowplay" top pair, which makes it a marginally bad call instead of an absolutely horrid one.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]