show 428 81.37%
don't show 98 18.63%
Voters: 526. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 03:03 PM

Default ***SSNL AUGUST LIFE THREAD PART 2 ***

Old 08-17-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Re: ***SSNL AUGUST LIFE THREAD PART 2 ***

<- Has no life and can't add anything valuable to this thread.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:38 PM

wtf? is that a male or female? if female, those are some hairy ass arms.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:38 PM

Emma watson is not hot, and I still haven't read the letter from korean girl.

I started reading it and I put it down. It was something along the lines of "this is the 4th time I've tried writing this letter to you because I couldn't think of the words to say"
sigh.

also, I feel very emo right now. Despite having set up a meeting with 25 year old girl.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:40 PM

lol that man's wearing a dress!
Old 08-17-2007, 03:44 PM

emma watson isnt hot? UR NOT HOT

a girl convinced me last nite that she would hit it, thats how hot she is
Old 08-17-2007, 03:44 PM

1, congrats on getting a part 2.

2, apologies to fishsticks cos 4_2_it is very rude

just before the 1st thread got locked, fishsticks posted:

[ QUOTE ]

Hey guys I know you guys love emo stuff so here you go:

I'm in my late 20s, had a few longish term relationships (over a year I consider long). My girlfriend and I have been together a little less than 4 years, and we've lived together for most of that time. We've been having our share of problems lately, but I still care about her a lot. For me, if I really love someone, the little [censored] doesn't really threaten that bond. Well, about a week ago she left me. She felt we had lost our way and our connection and she just didn't think this was right. I was not totally shocked tbh, because we had been down this path a time or two before in the last year - but it always ended it a tearful lovefest makeup. This time I decided that if she really wasn't confident about things, my best move was to just accept it and let her go. So that's what I did. No messy arguments, no nothing. I've broken up with people before because I just fell out of love kinda after a couple years, so I guess I understand. Still sucks a WHOLE LOT though. It's okay during the day when I'm busy, but at night when I just kinda sleep on my half of the bed it's lonely (after sleeping with the same person for 1000+ nights in a row you get kind of accustomed, heh). I guess I'm keeping the house and the dog, she's taking most of my stuff and the cat.

Well, after about a week I've started to really come to think this was just for the best. I mean, it had been 4 years and I didn't feel ready to propose yet, I suppose that says something. Still conflicted but coming around to acceptance, basically.

This morning she calls me crying and begging me to take her back and she's sorry and she made a mistake. Obviously a part of my heart was elated to hear this, but my head is telling me that I don't want to be with someone that isn't sure after all this time if they really want to be with me, and if I take her back I'll just be setting myself up for this same thing to happen again in the future.

Life sure can through you some tough decisions.

I'm not really looking for a lot of advice of sympathy here, since tbh I imagine most folks around here have never lived with a girl for a short time, let alone years. (i'm assuming most of y'all are like, younger than me - not trying to be condescending here btw). I posted this because, well, it felt kind of cathartic to do so, and because I know you guys love a good relationship trainwreck.

Oh wells. I'm going to a football game tonight (woot first home preseason game and first tailgate), so I'm gonna go get the grill ready and try to put this aside and get myself into macho football guy mode somehow, heh.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-17-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol that man's wearing a dress!

[/ QUOTE ]

it looks like the dude from Never Ending Story/Ladybugs in a dress...also, didn't he die?...i can't think of his name
Old 08-17-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1, congrats on getting a part 2.

2, apologies to fishsticks cos 4_2_it is very rude

just before the 1st thread got locked, fishsticks posted:

[ QUOTE ]

Hey guys I know you guys love emo stuff so here you go:

I'm in my late 20s, had a few longish term relationships (over a year I consider long). My girlfriend and I have been together a little less than 4 years, and we've lived together for most of that time. We've been having our share of problems lately, but I still care about her a lot. For me, if I really love someone, the little [censored] doesn't really threaten that bond. Well, about a week ago she left me. She felt we had lost our way and our connection and she just didn't think this was right. I was not totally shocked tbh, because we had been down this path a time or two before in the last year - but it always ended it a tearful lovefest makeup. This time I decided that if she really wasn't confident about things, my best move was to just accept it and let her go. So that's what I did. No messy arguments, no nothing. I've broken up with people before because I just fell out of love kinda after a couple years, so I guess I understand. Still sucks a WHOLE LOT though. It's okay during the day when I'm busy, but at night when I just kinda sleep on my half of the bed it's lonely (after sleeping with the same person for 1000+ nights in a row you get kind of accustomed, heh). I guess I'm keeping the house and the dog, she's taking most of my stuff and the cat.

Well, after about a week I've started to really come to think this was just for the best. I mean, it had been 4 years and I didn't feel ready to propose yet, I suppose that says something. Still conflicted but coming around to acceptance, basically.

This morning she calls me crying and begging me to take her back and she's sorry and she made a mistake. Obviously a part of my heart was elated to hear this, but my head is telling me that I don't want to be with someone that isn't sure after all this time if they really want to be with me, and if I take her back I'll just be setting myself up for this same thing to happen again in the future.

Life sure can through you some tough decisions.

I'm not really looking for a lot of advice of sympathy here, since tbh I imagine most folks around here have never lived with a girl for a short time, let alone years. (i'm assuming most of y'all are like, younger than me - not trying to be condescending here btw). I posted this because, well, it felt kind of cathartic to do so, and because I know you guys love a good relationship trainwreck.

Oh wells. I'm going to a football game tonight (woot first home preseason game and first tailgate), so I'm gonna go get the grill ready and try to put this aside and get myself into macho football guy mode somehow, heh.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i know you're not looking for advice, but it sounds to me there is a good chance she is lonely and wants your companionship back. i'm not saying you should never take her back, but you should give it (her) more time to get her feelings together and to have more time without you.

fwiw, I'm 26, I have had 3 longterm relationships (<2 yrs), and am living w/my current gf for almost 2 yrs.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:07 PM

I agree with Nicky..my first thought after reading that was that you should take a couple months off and see how you feel at that time.
Closed Thread