Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 09:25 PM

Default 55rb. FT JJ against Annette

Villain is Annette_15, so she could be raising with wide range of hands since we know how aggressive she is. Comments on all streets are welcome.

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t5000 with t500 antes (9 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t212853)
UTG+1 (t206300)
MP1 (t97865)
Hero (t202902)
MP3 (t207914)
CO (t94946)
Button (t127587)
SB (t76195)
BB (t130938)

Preflop: Hero is in MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">UTG raises to t12500</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, Hero calls t12500, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

Flop: (t37000) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets t15000</font>, UTG calls t15000

Turn: (t67000) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

River: (t67000) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets t40000</font>, Hero ??
Old 11-08-2007, 09:28 PM

Default Re: 55rb. FT JJ against Annette

Definitely fold. I expect to see KQ here most of the time.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:29 PM

Does anyone else want to check back on flop and call her turn bet (unless its an A or perhaps Q.)?

Also if i'm betting its like 20-24k.

Edit: Also, Annette is very cautious OOP, which makes me think river is a fold.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:29 PM

What makes you say she is cautious OOP? She was a stop and go fiend in Tuesday's 55+.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:36 PM

I fold river and don't like the flop underbet. I prefer checking and calling one barrel if she bets turn and folding if she bets turn AND riv.

This is the line people usually take with KQ type hands, sometimes maybe even AK. I generally feel like she plays bigger hands (sets, perhaps AK) faster, and that she would usually c-bet AQ and AJ on the flop since those hands don't really have showdown value and bluff-inducing value. I feel like she really has KQ-type hands and perhaps even QQ betting for value at the end hoping to get called by underpairs.

edit: if I bet I also bet more on the flop. But I really prefer checking, Annette is not one to give up pots that easily, so when she checks she has a plan in mind, either a c/c or a c/r.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:11 AM

Hero actually called and Annette shows QQ.

What comes to flop underbet, hero was bit confused about her check on the flop. I haven't played that much with Annette so didn't know what it meant. The plan was to get to showdown as cheaply as possible (or to fold to her check raise). Betting small on the flop and checking the turn is in my mind the best way to do this.

I guess against a player like her, this is not a very good idea. Against random players I expect to see all kinds of hands that I beat when I call the river bet, since the villain knows that I don't have T or K.

Would it be absolutely suicidal to turn my hand into a bluff by betting the turn?

Btw. How do you think she would play 99-77 in this spot?
Old 11-09-2007, 06:31 AM

sick value bet by her.. she's such a beast.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:48 AM

i like bonds line.
Would anyone here raise the turn if she leads the turn, but always check behind if she checked. ? (only if the board paired like it did)
Old 11-09-2007, 04:37 PM

I think it's kind of a tell she has something when she checks postflop after raising utg preflop. It's like she's telling you I have a showdown value hand not good enough to bet. Seriously, every time I raise utg w/ a hand I can't win the pot w/ or wanna get to showdown I just bet anyway as to not turn my range face up like she did here. Not saying turn JJ into a bluff and just barrell into a minimal showdown value hand, but fold that river like it's your job. I don't know how you are going to win the pot, unless you turn your hand into a bluff. Kinda weird spot I guess.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:47 PM

Just trying to learn here and raise my game a level, so don't kill me!

Why is the turn checked here? Its a drawish board and an aggro villain could c/c the flop bet with 10(loose)-12(no brainer) outers, but unlikely with a 5 outer. (Or is c/r definitely her line even with a 10-12 outer?)

The T on the turn isnt likely to improve anything she has (if Im right about her not calling the flop with a 5 outer), so don't we need to fire another barrel to block the river draw and to be sure that we dont turn a 9/10 outer flop call into a correct decision ?

Also doesnt a turn check invite her to fire at the river with a missed draw when a brick hits, where a moderate turn bet inhibits it?