Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2007, 06:15 AM

Default Re: Learning to communicate

i have the same problem as OP, which i would describe as difficulty in articulating my thoughts. it seems like what comes out of my mouth or in writing is not what was in my head. its much more of a problem in verbal conversation than on a forum because you can't think for too long about what you are going to say. for me, its not a problem with nerves or anything like that, i just simply have trouble putting the idea in my head into words. it's not a huge deal for me though, i don't think about it that much, but i definitely know exactly what OP is talking about.

some things that may help:

-increase your vocabulary
-if you have some thought, like an abstract thought or something that you can't explain to someone, its possible that it doesn't even make sense and thats why when you try t express it you fail. find someone you are very comfortable with to blab on about this crap that you think of, then get them to help you pick apart what you are trying to say. while frustrating, you might often learn that what you were thinking about, while seeming crystal clear in your head, was actually unexplainable nonsense, hence why you had trouble explaining it.