Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2007, 11:25 PM

Default Re: one street past preflop: how to play 6-max SNGs

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop, release to re-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing that bothers me is he knows I didn't hit that.

EDIT: It's not like a Q-high flop where I could have. I either have an overpair or missed big cards. He's been paying enough attention to figure that out I think.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:35 AM

You could have hit 2 spades with overs to the board given your p/f play. The draw possibility is why I would have bet the flop.

If he comes over, then you know he isn't skeert of you holding overs and probably has spades. He knows you don't have a 3 or a 6, so you have to represent a hand that scares him here.

If he calls the flop, a spade on the turn probably kills your action or gives you more bluff power. Whiff a scare-card on the turn and it's a check or shove.

I'm just curious as to what story are you trying to feed him here? P/F raise, then check behind, then call a turn blank as well as a river blank.

P/F was the only time that you took a lead in this hand, so he has to figure you for weak, thus his betting pattern. If that is the plan for the call/call and you knew for sure he had AQ, AJ or AT-A8, then it worked out fine.

Pretty much any other likely holdings and you are toast on the river. So..... Bet the flop and find out more cheaply is my suggestion. Right or wrong, it's how I would have played it.

Interesting hand! Slacka
Old 04-16-2007, 01:37 AM

Slim if you are going to play like that. I would much rather bet/call the flop. Lots of people love c/r bluffing paired boards because ZOMG I WOULD PLAY THREE OF A KIND LIKE THIS.

Edit: Just saw the board was two toned which adds any fd to his range. If you think he is bluff happy I like bet calling instead of calling down because there are so many bad turn and river cards.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just curious as to what story are you trying to feed him here?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing I'm trying to feed him is that I might fold if he keeps firing. His range preflop is a lot of Broadway junk and pairs, but I think the pairs donk-bet the flop more often than not being worried about a check behind and a bad turn. It's also possible for him to turn up with something like 32s or 65s, but again, I think he bets the flop most of the time he outflops AK.