Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 10:54 PM

Default How would you rule?

Bay101 5-200 spread
I have table covered and UTG looks to have about $275ish.

UTG makes it $20 with 3 cold callers. I call w/ 22 on the button. 5 people see a flop of Q52. UTG bets $65 and it's folded to me and I make it $200 to go. All fold back to UTG who thinks a bit and then puts his remaining stack in the pot. Dealer quickly deals turn and river and UTG mucks to my set, stands up and begins to walk away. As he is walking away, the dealer calls him back and says that he had $36 more in the stack he put in than my flop raise and he is entitled to get it back??

How is that possible? UTG thought he was shy of my raise, the dealer did not count his stack either when he put his stack in the middle. Who is entitled to the $36?
Old 09-14-2007, 10:58 PM

Default Re: How would you rule?

You get the $36.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:00 PM

In this instance I'm inclined to say that all concerned thought that all the money was in so all the money was in. I would consider him to have raised and you to have called the raise and therefore within the spread limit structure which seems to be required by law. Obviously dealer gets kick in the nuts.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In this instance I'm inclined to say that all concerned thought that all the money was in so all the money was in. I would consider him to have raised and you to have called the raise and therefore within the spread limit structure which seems to be required by law. Obviously dealer gets kick in the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

To bad ACJ wasn't around for the nut kicking...

They gave UTG his $36 and he promptlyleft the table. I argued that if he would of won the pot, they would of forced me to to match his stack. I didn't want to make too much of a fuss 'cuz the table was super juicy, but I still can't figure out how the floor could rule in this way???
Old 09-15-2007, 01:49 AM

Umm...$36 that you are absolutely entitled to vs. maybe looking nitty to the table. This was a terrible ruling, and you should have made a fuss...

Ask the floor to explain how UTG putting his whole stack in isnt a raise.

Also, you should definitely say something like "I call whatever it is" or ask if it is a raise to avoid such situations
Old 09-15-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...All fold back to UTG who thinks a bit and then puts his remaining stack in the pot. Dealer quickly deals turn and river and UTG mucks to my set, stands up and begins to walk away. As he is walking away, the dealer calls him back and says that he had $36 more in the stack he put in than my flop raise and he is entitled to get it back??...

[/ QUOTE ]

My ruling: You didn't call the last $36 so he wins the pot.

Just kidding. This was an atrocious move by the dealer. How could he burn and turn if he believed the pot wasn't right?

I don't think it would have been the least bit nitty to call for the floor. It's obvious you would have called any further action and your opponent splashed the pot.

~ Rick