Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Turned Aces Up, .25/.50

Bet. These opponents will only raise the turn with an ace.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:27 PM

So it looks like it's unanimous--bet/fold. I, of course, check/called. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Basically, it came down to me not wanting to put another bet in unless I was seeing a showdown. So I checked, with the intention of calling (not overcalling) a bet.

I do think that there is value to betting here, based on the opponents involved in the hand--I am going to be called often by smaller pocket pairs, paired threes & sometimes twos, and at the least in the case of UTG+1, likely by a gutshot as well. What scared me was that I didn't really have much of a read on UTG+1 besides loose & bad--I didn't know if he was the type of player who'd raise the turn with a worse hand, and didn't want to be bluffed out of the pot if that was the case. I did know that BB was very unlikely to check/raise the turn with a worse hand, whether I bet or UTG+1 did. He was likely to call with a medium/big pocket pair, but he was also likely to have reraised preflop with a big pair. So while there was the possibility that UTG+1 bets his 43, BB calls with 88, and I therefore fold, I was willing to risk that more so than risking being raised out of the pot by a worse hand.

Anyway, I checked, things got easy for me as UTG+1 bet & BB folded. I then rivered my K & got in a sexy, being called by UTG+1's JJ. Happy ending. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2007, 04:15 AM

harv, bet fold the turn.

if called, check/call the river depending on the bettor. if his sd stats are good, I consider folding. if he sucks on the river, I call.