Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Stars 55$

Long way from the money, Dude has been playing reasonably.
He has check raised a few low boards vs pf raisers, which I why I declined to bet the flop, instead opting for a delayed cbet on any A-T, 2,3,4,5

I have been playing tight, but recently I have been raising a bit, a mix of steals and solid hands, that have all been won pf and one on the flop.

We both have ~35bb, which are 300/600/25

Folds to me in LP I raise to 2.5BB with T7o, and villain flats in the BB.

Flop (6bb) is 922r.
He checks, I check.

Turn (6bb) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] putting 2 hearts on the board.
He checks, I bet 3bb, he calls

River (12BB) Tx, which does not complete the FD.
He checks, I?
Old 10-28-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Stars 55$

I bet 1/3 pot (4BB). You are pretty mch always ahead here. He would have raised almost every hand that has you beat on the turn or would've at least bet the river.

I guess you will get some value be worse hands if you bet small here. He might have a 9, a small or medium pocket pair that he was going to c/r on the flop. The turn scared him and he decided to just call and I think you will get value by these type of hands if you bet small again.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Stars 55$

I would check it on the river. You aren't getting any value by betting middle pair here, he will call you with hands that have you beat like any K or AT (his calling in the BB usually means his kicker with T is higher than 7, but you'll split the pot with 2 pair K kicker ), and fold hands that you have beat, busted flush draws, and I can't see him calling a river bet with something like 55-88, you've played this hand exactly like you have a K: You know he can check raise you if you make a continuation bet, so you check with 2 over cards (he thinks this since you raised preflop)then when a K pops up you fire on the turn and river? Looks to me like you hit one of your overcards. I wouldn't call here with 55-88.