Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 03:47 PM

Default Re: draw against trips

Hammer the [censored] out of this flop. Nit. Die.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:44 PM

Does it make any difference to the above statements the fact that I'm playing full ring. The reason I ask is that I look at the posts on this forum which are mostly shorthanded and quite honestly it appears to be a different game. The aggression factor on the full ring is tiny compared to shorthanded. For what it's worth I play on the crypto site.

Anyway I asked the question and got the answer I wanted. I did infact repot and so did he. I didn't improve and lost to trip tens but at least I obviously did the correct thing.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:56 PM

I'd be tempted to do a mini-raise here. even after he pots you got enough left on the turn to fold or value bet. It's not something I do frequently, but in this case I think it's the perfect play
Old 02-05-2007, 08:40 PM

Your trouble is you have a wrap but your hand counterfits itself. A lot of your outs are in your hand. Most players would raise with this because some weak hands like two pair probably fold.

Here is a reason NOT to raise. I had top set yesterday and a guy had a OESD and a flush draw with it. All the money went (300BB pot)in on the flop- the board paired on turn and he was drawing dead.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:49 PM

So the problem is tha the got his money in as a favorite (assuming he had all his outs)? Right.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:28 PM

who wants to push a 51% edge? we have odds to call PSBs on both the flop and turn, we have no fold equity, and we can probably win some sort of bet if we hit. We're in great shape with our two jacks, since if we hit we can price him in and stack him if the board pairs, which admittedly is a low percentage play but might make some difference.

The important factor is that we /know/ he has TT. In the real world it isn't always going to be the right play.

we also might get paid on backdoor diamonds.