Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: Would OOT enjoy an "ask me" thread about lesbians?
yes 9 9.89%
YES 82 90.11%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Re: who does tOSU play in the title game?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will say again, USC therefore has one truly bad loss whereas LSU has two

[/ QUOTE ]

I will say again:

Sagarin Rankings:

Arkansas - 21
Kentucky - 23
Stanford - 82

Who the [censored] considers multiple overtime losses to Top 25 teams "very bad losses" besides USC fans straining for arguments to get them into the title game?

Even if you don't think LSU is a national title caliber team, that doesn't magically erase the loss to Stanford and make USC a national title caliber team.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, I'm not a USC, LSU, OU, OSU, or any of those teams' fan.

You are somehow able to discount losing TWICE as the TOP TEAM IN THE LAND against KENTUCKY and ARKANSAS AT HOME (where Darren McFadden ran all the hell over LSU) but you won't let a game in which Booty was injured and a complete fluke loss go? Wow.

LSU would've lost to Tennessee tonight too if it hadn't been for a luckbox pick-6 gift from Erik Ainge. I take actual performance and not just Wins and Losses into account whenever possible.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:28 AM

I dont think the BCS should be a wait til the last game and put teams where u wont them type of poll. The NCAA created this mess so they will have to suffer. Let Harris, Coaches, AP and all these damn computers sort it out. I personally say OSU vs GA. They were next in line anyways and it took Jesus turning water into wine for Mizzou and WVU to lose.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:29 AM

ESPN family of channels is polliticking hard for LSU
Old 12-02-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Hawaii wins their game tonight, they should be in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. As I posted in the other thread, Hawaii has one less loss and a more impressive best victory(Boise St was ranked higher than Michigan) than OSU...why is Ohio St getting the nod?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because that's a ridiculously oversimplistic view of strength of schedule, accomplishment, and team strength? How about that OSU crushed most teams all year, while Hawaii had a very hard time with many very weak teams? And that OSU played a much harder (though overall still weak) schedule?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't think Hawaii has played enough tough teams, then put them in the title game against a tough team. That way, either way we'll know for sure. But if Hawaii doesn't get in, then we could have another Boise St situation where we truly don't know if they were the best team or not. Why would you rather not find out than find out if Hawaii is for real? I could understand your argument if there were many other deserving teams, but theres not so lets give the undefeated team a chance and see what happens. What happened to Boise St last year was a tragedy imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
great idea. lets encourage teams to make the easiest schedules possible because going undefeated against west endover community college and itt tech will guarantee a spot in the national championship. this will do wonders for college football
Old 12-02-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Hawaii wins their game tonight, they should be in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Why why why why why?

This argument should include three teams: Oklahoma, USC, and LSU. I can't comprehend how other people think there should be any other options besides those three teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

The goal of a season should be to declare an undisputed champ. If Hawaii loses the National title game then whatever team they lost to is the rightful national champ. Every other school would have lost including Hawaii. If Hawaii wins that game, then they've just beaten a tough team(in addittion to already beating a pretty good Boise St team) and they deserve it. Either way, I don't see how thats unfair! Whats unfair is what happened to Boise St last year. Do you not agree that Boise St did not get a fair shake last year in that they were undefeated, beat a solid Oklahoma team, and yet never got a shot at a title? That could happen again this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but this argument is completely idiotic. Hawaii gets the benefit of playing the 3rd softest schedule in the land, and would have NO CHANCE of being anything better than AT BEST 9-3 with a top 30 schedule. AT BEST.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't get it...

You think Hawaii is just benefitting from a tough schedule. I think they are truly a very good team. I also felt this way about Boise St last year, while I'm not sure of what your views on Boise St were. Now that we disagree here, I don't care about- lets just agree to disagree on this paragraph and not bother debating it. But.....

My solution is to put Hawaii against a top team in the National Title Game. That way we find out if me or you is right.

Your solution is to omit them. That way we may never find out who was right.

HUH????!!! This is what I just don't get- why would you not want to find out how good Hawaii is?

Its a well known fact that going into a season, most teams realize that if they lose one game then theres a chance they may have lost their national title shot. Every team knows this, and this year every team has lost a game(except Hawaii). So no team(except Hawaii) is truly deserving of a title shot and none have a legit beef of being excluded since they knew going in that a loss could mean no title shot.

edited to add: I don't actually think that Hawaii is a top 2 team in the nation. But I'd sure as hell rather find out for sure than to not find out.

[/ QUOTE ]

mindbogglingly asinine analysis/opinion

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain why? You'd rahter never find out(may be a moot point since they're losing now) than find out how good they are?

The more Les Miles talks the more I hate him

[ QUOTE ]
LSU would've lost to Tennessee tonight too if it hadn't been for a luckbox pick-6 gift from Erik Ainge. I take actual performance and not just Wins and Losses into account whenever possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't go so far as saying they definitely would have lost without that play, but they have looked fairly unimpressive all year long. Then again, so has everyone else. I just can't come to grips with a team as untalented as UGA and a QB as poor as Stafford potentially playing in a championship game. Odds are that won't happen, but it's still disturbing to consider.

I am an SEC die hard fan. LSU lost to UK and Arkansas. They should have lost to UF, Tenn tonite, Auburn and Bama. They could easily be 6-6 and this wouldnt even be an issue.

[ QUOTE ]
Whoa, whoa, whoa, where'd all the Hawaii people go?

[/ QUOTE ]

still here, and as I said m y analysis was based upon principles and not a belief that Hawaii is the best team in the nation.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
USC and LSU were #1 and #2 at the start of the season. They played in the toughest conferences in the nation, and nothing has changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somewhere in there USC lost to Stanford. I swear this happened, whether you acknowledge it as meaningful or not. So yes, things did change.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. People write off this USC loss as a fluke and I agree it was a fluke. But it did indeed happen and USC should be punished for it accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is extremely, extremely relevant. But their other loss was to the best team in the nation...in a really close game. They played a tough schedule, and if we had a playoff tomorrow, I'm willing to bet that they'd be the favorites. Is that irrelevant?

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair their non-conference turned out to be really weak and looking back at the scores their only really impressive win is at asu. They played a decent amount of close games and they looked rather meh today imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohio State played Youngstown State, Akron, and Kent State (IN OCTOBER). They played Washington, but we'll see how that turns out.

They also scored a mere 14 points against Michigan, lost at home against Illinois, and "blew out" Northwestern and freaking Minnesota.

I still think USC belongs in the national title game. I haven't decided who I think they should play.

[/ QUOTE ]

OSU dominated everyone they played except for Illinois which even had some questionable calls. A team can score 14 points and be dominate.

edit to add my initial statement was to debate between USC and non-tOSU teams because tOSU obv deserves to be in imo.