Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP

Old 11-19-2007, 08:13 AM

Default Re: The APPT Macau: The First Texas Hold’em Poker Tournament in China!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Registration will open at 1000 on Thursday and I expect the lineup to start around 0900 (or maybe earlier). I have no idea when the event will sell out, but it most probably will sometime on Thursday.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, just to make it clear for a newbie like me, qualified players are not required to be there before it is sold out because their seats are already secured, right? Even if it is sold out on Thursday they can still come to the registeration desk on Friday morning and sign the documents and play. Correct me if I am wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
Qualified players are assured of their seat. You just need to come to the registrations desk, sign the waiver (for TV) and get your seat assignment. Anytime Thursday or Friday morning will be fine. But there may be a lineup around noon (as most players arrive at the last minute), so try to get this taken care of around 1100. You won't want to still be waiting in line once the cards are in the air.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Registration will open at 1000 on Thursday and I expect the lineup to start around 0900 (or maybe earlier). I have no idea when the event will sell out, but it most probably will sometime on Thursday.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, just to make it clear for a newbie like me, qualified players are not required to be there before it is sold out because their seats are already secured, right? Even if it is sold out on Thursday they can still come to the registeration desk on Friday morning and sign the documents and play. Correct me if I am wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
Qualified players are assured of their seat. You just need to come to the registrations desk, sign the waiver (for TV) and get your seat assignment. Anytime Thursday or Friday morning will be fine. But there may be a lineup around noon (as most players arrive at the last minute), so try to get this taken care of around 1100. You won't want to still be waiting in line once the cards are in the air.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, but I think you must be kidding. That would be exactly the strategy I will employ to avoid all the inevitable bad beats. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2007, 09:47 AM

If I can't make the early ferry I will be there for the 22:00 one. I will have my Poker Stars hat on so I can be easily recognized.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I can't make the early ferry I will be there for the 22:00 one. I will have my Poker Stars hat on so I can be easily recognized.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure the logo on your cap is the PokerStars.NET logo and not the PokerStars.com logo.

It is ILLEGAL to wear dot com online gambling logoes in Hong Kong SAR because the Hong Kong Jockey Club has an exclusive government-granted online gambling monopoly in Hong Kong SAR (with the sole exception of Mah Jong "schools").

Again, be careful while you are in Hong Kong and Macau so that you don't end up being featured on the daily "perp walk" segment on the local TV news wearing handcuffs around your wrist and a paper bag over your head.

Old 11-19-2007, 01:35 PM

It is the .net one. As a back-up I will have my Minnesota Twins one as well.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:01 PM

A few of my mates are playing in the main event but a few of us from HK want to come over & play NL for cash - i understand the Grand Waldo wont have a proper cash game there - is there a game on elsewhere ?
Old 11-19-2007, 10:52 PM

Default A bit OT (the news broadcast)

[ QUOTE ]
[qWatch the newscasts on http://portugues.tdm.com.mo/eng_news.php and see for yourself.)

[/ QUOTE ]

The news show that was featured when I clicked on the link may have been the most boring and hard to follow broadcast I have ever seen. The guy in the suit was repeating verbatim the words of the Chinese official. It was too painful to watch.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A few of my mates are playing in the main event but a few of us from HK want to come over & play NL for cash - i understand the Grand Waldo wont have a proper cash game there - is there a game on elsewhere ?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.pokerpages.com/poker-news/new...er-20-30055.htm
Old 11-20-2007, 11:16 PM

Guys i'm going to put an official thread up in MTTc and arrange a meet up for the 22nd.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.pokerpages.com/poker-news/new...er-20-30055.htm

[/ QUOTE ]There will be no live cash games. There will be a "Lightning Poker" table (similiar to PokerPro).

And the poker room mentioned above has not yet opened (no ETA for it either).