Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 03:03 AM

Default Re: Heisman Rankings

You can't even mention CI. He's horrendous right now.

Caldwell has never been good until this year with a QB getting him the ball. Even now, he has sick dropsies like every 4 passes.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
MT2R, i was going to bring out the phil steele stuff too...

there's a bunch of guys doing great things (BCS conferences) surrounded by very marginal talent (juxta-position with tebow having caldwell/harvin as #1-rated WR in each of their classes. harvin was #1 overall recruit in america)

i think this will be my last post.... we can probably all agree to disagree..

[/ QUOTE ]

You're going to bring up recruiting rankings when talking about current capabilities of players?
Old 11-12-2007, 03:06 AM

Also, look at Bubba's game stats this year. Until the last 2 games he was still on the "never lived up to the hype" list.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:21 AM

The thing I can't get past on McFadden is that he averages so much less per carry than Felix Jones. If he's really such a once-in-a-lifetime back that no one else could average 5.9 YPC on 240 carries, then how come Felix Jones averages 9.2 YPC over 114?

I think what it really is at Arkansas is a unique system that allows above average talent (speaking of the O-line here, not the backs) to produce extraordinary results against average college competition that gets befuddled by anything a little different. Against well-coached, disciplined defenses like Tennessee or Auburn however, that offense can be shut down.

I don't think you can put McFadden ahead of Jonathan Stewart or any of the top QBs based on what he's done this season.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:45 AM

I'm going to have to agree with TFG on the OL/WR comments. Our OL isn't really that great...yeah, they were heralded as one of the top in the nation preseason, but injuries have depleted it.

WRs last game, ugh. CI dropped a nice easy one over the middle, he's been dropping everything (which is disappointing because he was so sure handed last year). Murphy dropped a few. Bubba has been v. good the past two games but I have only seen him have a few sparks of the 'speedster' that he was heralded as (last year vs. FSU, etc). UF WRs aren't living up to the billing much this year (well, harvin i guess).

I do know that Ark's line was huge last year and definitely provided tremendous push. Still, i doubt that currently their line is much worse than UF's. I think that tebow > mcfadden (in an attempt of an unbiased remark).
Old 11-12-2007, 01:28 PM

I can admit that the recent posts in this thread have separated Dixon from Tebow a little more in my eyes.

That said, because it's such a down year for Heisman candidates, Tebow should still have a chance with a few good games to go. Unfortunately, the sophomore thing, imo, means its about a 1% chance that even with a monster finish he can win it.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You're going to bring up recruiting rankings when talking about current capabilities of players?

[/ QUOTE ]

we can do current rankings too.... but are those talent evaluations wrong/out-of-date?
Old 11-12-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we can do current rankings too.... but are those talent evaluations wrong/out-of-date?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying it doesn't carry any weight but these guys are all far removed from when they were being recruited.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying it doesn't carry any weight but these guys are all far removed from when they were being recruited.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would somewhat agree as other schools do amazing things with pretty low ranked recruits..... but if you take NCAA rankings and recruiting rankings the last 5 years and did a correlation, i think the r-sq would be really high (well, maybe if you ran the #'s without notre dame [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]).... so i think playing with harvin, caldwell, ingram etc. means alot (will admit i don't know how many games caldwell's been out..... but nice thing at florida and other perennial top 15's is you just put in another 4-5 star recruit)..
Old 11-12-2007, 03:30 PM

Tebow's candidacy is heavily invested on his huge number of short TD runs, which Dixon could have if his coach wanted. I don't like giving out an award because Urban Meyer is treating this like NCAA 08 where you make sure all your touchdowns are scored by your Heisman candidate.