Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 10-01-2007, 05:51 PM

Default 5/10 hu hands that i put here bc i damn well please

Villian in both of these hands is 2+2er MagicNinja. I'm not playing very well because I'm stuck to some gigantic donk on FTP, and he seems to know this, making a comment or two about hands where I get one outered in the chat. He prob knows who I am but is very unimpressed. He's playing okay, probably not his A game, and is doing weird things which may be normal to him (lots of 2x psbs, into small pots particularly, and primarily OOP). He's probably winning a few more hands than I am but neither of us are ridiculously out of line.

I have thoughts on what I think he can have here, what I think would be sick if he had here, and what he actually does have here. Is river bet sizing okay? It feels really wrong to me and I felt like I should have bet 400 or 500-600 at the time, and not something in between, so I could at least pretend to decipher his CR.

If I bet more or less or are you more or less inclined to call the CR?

FWIW, he tanked the turn good, but the river was relatively in rhythm.

What if I've got KT with one diamond? KT with no diamonds?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (2 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

BB ($1925.50)
Hero ($3295.25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $30</font>, BB calls $20.

Flop: ($60) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($60) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $120</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $340</font>, BB calls $220.

River: ($740) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $450</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $1555.5</font>,

OK so now we've been playing for quite some time and he's up a few buyins primarily due to a 325ish bb pot with a coinflip where his AK outran my JJ pre, images are about the same, I don't think he's noticed me really trying to get unstuck yet or anything.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (2 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Button ($3494)
Hero ($1716.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $120</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $350</font>, Hero calls $230.

Flop: ($700) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($700) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: ($700) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $500</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1366.25</font>
Old 10-01-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: 5/10 hu hands that i put here bc i damn well please

ninja loves c/r bluffing the river. call hand 1 please. besides, he prolly thinks you dont have a flush, would be odd for you to NOT cbet a fd.

i think hand 2 is ugh.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:03 PM

gotta call the first hand because he thinks you cant have flush because of your flop bet

id bet the turn in hand 2. i love doing that stuff on the river because it seems so scary but no one ever folds to it, and we probably have similiar retarded images.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:11 PM

LOL at playing this guy period I thought he sucked at first but hes pretty f'ing good.

call, ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 10-01-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL at playing this guy period I thought he sucked at first but hes pretty f'ing good.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's obviously pretty good but whats wrong with playing him
Old 10-01-2007, 06:16 PM

this is pretty low stakes for alexei no? anyways i don't see how you can fold hand one, but i don't like hand two really
Old 10-01-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he's obviously pretty good but whats wrong with playing him

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he never loses haven't you seen his graphs.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:34 PM

Hand 1 I'm probably not betting the river if I don't plan on calling his shove. I bet the river.

Hand 2 that raise is real thin both ways. Good luck with that.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:40 PM

Hand 1 I like ur play, now call. I don't think he peels the turn with a flushdraw unless he has something else to go with it, so it's sorta unlikely, and he's def capable of bluffing.

Hand 2 I just think people hate folding AQ in this spot to much to bluff.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:11 PM

I can't put into words just yet why I hate hand 2, but I really hate it.