Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT

Old 11-30-2007, 09:33 AM

Default Re: preflop implied odds quesssssstion

[ QUOTE ]
lol... its amazing to me that ppl can say this and not see the irony: "nless you view villain as a donkey I would agree with his range being QQ+ in this spot "

so if he's good you kno exactly what he has... and if he's bad you have no clue?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's just a matter of wording. If he's an average type player and understands the gap concept his range would be QQ+. If he's donkish I would often put him on the wider range than QQ+. There can also be a great player who might see through this spot and decides to make a play.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol... its amazing to me that ppl can say this and not see the irony: "nless you view villain as a donkey I would agree with his range being QQ+ in this spot "

so if he's good you kno exactly what he has... and if he's bad you have no clue?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's just a matter of wording. If he's an average type player and understands the gap concept his range would be QQ+. If he's donkish I would often put him on the wider range than QQ+. There can also be a great player who might see through this spot and decides to make a play.

[/ QUOTE ]

dksgfkjdsagkjglkglkg
Old 11-30-2007, 06:51 PM

so he can have a wide range if he's donkish or he can have a wide range if he's great..
Old 11-30-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so he can have a wide range if he's donkish or he can have a wide range if he's great..

[/ QUOTE ]

actually that is a fairly good way of describing it.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually that is a fairly good way of describing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

My initial thoughts were (and of course I could be wrong, that's why I'm posting this Q) that not that many players are "great" enough to have a wide range here. Since he certainly didn't seem like a spewy donkey, I figured his range was pretty tight.

Not to bug you about this Ansky, but which non-J-containing flops are you getting it in on? I called PF with the intentions of folding unless I flopped really good... it came T6Tr, he led for 2/3rd and I folded according to plan. However I think (and it sounds like) my "plan" was too conservative in defining what flops are "really good". That's why I'm hoping to reevaluate my thought process PF in determining how to approach various flops.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:05 PM

I would never fold the TT6 flop i mean at the very least AQ,AK make up a big part of his range if he is playing straightforwardly, if not which is more likely, he can have other broadways, suited connectors and a few smaller pairs at least.