Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-27-2007, 11:13 AM

Default Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

So the SEC loses Orgeron and adds Butch Davis? Great. I guess if it's not Davis it will be someone else good. Arkansas is a pretty good job. I hate Nutt going to Ole Mrs. Not that he will build them into a winner, but he is good enough with the Xs and Os to pull several upsets a year.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:28 AM

Yah, there goes Vandy's one guaranteed conference win.
{I'm guessing just reading that would kill most Ole Miss fans}
Old 11-27-2007, 11:30 AM

I'm torn. I would love to see Ole Piss continue to be the Hogs' bitch with Nutt there, but when he pulls off an upset it would really suck.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So the SEC loses Orgeron and adds Butch Davis? Great. I guess if it's not Davis it will be someone else good. Arkansas is a pretty good job. I hate Nutt going to Ole Mrs. Not that he will build them into a winner, but he is good enough with the Xs and Os to pull several upsets a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting warm?

This is a typical aubie response. Oh noes, competition! Everyone knows that auburn is a second rate program that just happens to be riding high on variance recently. Tubby is the guy who happened to be in the right place at the right time. He gets to Auburn right as Bama is receiving near-death-penalty-type sanctions for basically harmless infractions, as Spurrier is making his exit, as Mississippi State is falling into the toilet. But what comes around goes around, and the times of plenty on the plains are coming to an end.

On top of all of that, the culture of losing at Auburn keeps the program down even when things are going their way. They can't win when it counts. Name one other program in a BCS conference that has managed to go undefeated without winning a national championship. Auburn has done it not once but TWICE in the last two decades. And both of the coaches that managed to accomplish that much have been vilified by huge swaths of the booster community.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting warm?

This is a typical aubie response. Oh noes, competition! Everyone knows that auburn is a second rate program that just happens to be riding high on variance recently. Tubby is the guy who happened to be in the right place at the right time. He gets to Auburn right as Bama is receiving near-death-penalty-type sanctions for basically harmless infractions, as Spurrier is making his exit, as Mississippi State is falling into the toilet. But what comes around goes around, and the times of plenty on the plains are coming to an end.

On top of all of that, the culture of losing at Auburn keeps the program down even when things are going their way. They can't win when it counts. Name one other program in a BCS conference that has managed to go undefeated without winning a national championship. Auburn has done it not once but TWICE in the last two decades. And both of the coaches that managed to accomplish that much have been vilified by huge swaths of the booster community.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. We are in deep [censored] with all the talent heading out of town. Oh, except that we are one of the youngest teams in the country and are going to be sick for the next 3 years if we find a QB. Yeah I'm real concerned about competition, considering Tub's record against all the top coaches. By the way, did you notice that Saban is 0-4 in Auburn now and Tubs is 4-0 in Tuscaloosa. Yeah, we're in deep trouble. Also, you're right about the losing culture, which is the reason we didn't play for the national title. It had nothing to do with the preseason #1 & 2 teams going undefeated.

Also, this tune may sound familiar:

Six

Also, Since the old drunk died in 83 Auburn is 15-10 against you and that includes one probation for Auburn that included no televised games and was just as bad as Bama's. Yeah we own you. No more Bear and no more Legion field every year. Get used to it.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting warm?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. We are in deep [censored] with all the talent heading out of town. Oh, except that we are one of the youngest teams in the country and are going to be sick for the next 3 years if we find a QB. Yeah I'm real concerned about competition, considering Tub's record against all the top coaches. By the way, did you notice that Saban is 0-4 in Auburn now and Tubs is 4-0 in Tuscaloosa. Yeah, we're in deep trouble. Also, you're right about the losing culture, which is the reason we didn't play for the national title. It had nothing to do with the preseason #1 & 2 teams going undefeated.

Also, this tune may sound familiar:

Six

Also, Since the old drunk died in 83 Auburn is 15-10 against you and that includes one probation for Auburn that included no televised games and was just as bad as Bama's. Yeah we own you. No more Bear and no more Legion field every year. Get used to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

An instructive tail for Auburn fans:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Lottery-Wi...&id=364250
Old 11-27-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, you're right about the losing culture, which is the reason we didn't play for the national title. It had nothing to do with the preseason #1 & 2 teams going undefeated.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the fans just rolled over. They accepted it. They knew their place. It's ingrained.

The lull in the SEC is over. No more Zook. No more disporportionately severe scholarship limitations at Bama. Soon, no more fat fulmer. There are teams on the way up, and teams on the way down. You've had a fun ride up, now get ready for the real ride.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

An instructive tail for Auburn fans:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Lottery-Wi...&id=364250

[/ QUOTE ]

Typical nonsensical post from you. Let me know when you want to talk football. I've actually held back on my trash talk somewhat out of respect for UATrequez who seems like one of the respectable Bama fans.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, you're right about the losing culture, which is the reason we didn't play for the national title. It had nothing to do with the preseason #1 & 2 teams going undefeated.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the fans just rolled over. They accepted it. They knew their place. It's ingrained.

The lull in the SEC is over. No more Zook. No more disporportionately severe scholarship limitations at Bama. Soon, no more fat fulmer. There are teams on the way up, and teams on the way down. You've had a fun ride up, now get ready for the real ride.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, you just ignore what happens on the field during the season and just post stuff you make up in your head. Do you just sit in your mother's basement with old newspaper clippings of Bear Bryant and come up with this stuff? We completely own you. Did you watch the game? Did you watch your last 4 games? Your team is dreadful. Where do you get this stuff?
Old 11-27-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
brag: going to the game, and will have seats by the student section
beat: will be wearing a band uniform during the game and it's a 9 hour bus ride.
i wonder if the bus ride will make me want to kill myself more than last friday?
oh well.
geaux tigers.

oh rocky top, you'll always be
second best in the s e c
[censored] you, rocky top
[censored] you, tennessee

[/ QUOTE ]
How is this a beat? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I would have killed to be in your spot during my undergrad years. Of course, I'm a nerdy band director, so I'm a bit biased. I'm sure you'll be able to entertain yourselves on the bus ride. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
What do you play?

[/ QUOTE ]

lead trumpet ldo