Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 09:03 AM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

Eek hope I'm not too late, only saw this thread today. Am very interested in this, but not sure if I'm suitable as I haven't been playing for that long and I'm currently playing the micros, but hey I'll give it a shot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1. How you are currently improving your game
I read the microstakes forums daily, 2/3 table for at least 1 hour a day and more at weekends, and always go over my sessions in PT afterwards. I read as much as possible and try to use anything I learn to improve the next game I play. I'm also a member of Cardrunners and watch a lot of their NL vids, both small and high stakes, to get an idea of how the pros vary their thought processes according to their opponents.

2. Your poker goals.
Long term goals would be to become a winning player at the higher stakes. I'd love to make poker more than just a hobby, but I know a realistic goal right now is to work my way up by playing as much as possible, improving my game and plugging the (many) leaks in it. I want to fix any problems in my game as I go rather than come back to them at a later date and not know where to start.

3. Your current stakes and past earnings
I play NL10 and have a (win?/average?) rate of 6.5PTBB/100 but it's only over a small sample. Have won around $1.1k in a tournament a few months ago, was complete beginner's luck as I sat with a hand rankings chart and didn't have much clue as to what I was doing. I don't consider this an 'earning' as such, since I didn't really deserve it, but it has provided me with a starting bankroll of $450 to grind the micros with.

4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made
I've not made any 'how to' guides as I don't feel confident enough to write a huge lengthy post and risk potentially misleading other players, but hopefully with your help I can do that in the future and give something back to the community.
However when replying to threads I don't like giving one word answers as these don't help anybody, and I wouldn't learn much from a one word reply either. Here are a few recent examples
click1 click2 click3 click4

5. A little about yourself. If you're capable and willing to run the site and videos include that in your reply
I'm a 21 year old computer science student at university of Leeds; not sure what I want to do afterwards, guess I'll have to wait and see where cs takes me. I try to play as much as I can in my spare time while trying not to let it affect my uni work. Joined 2p2 3 months ago when I started playing, but didn't really know what to do so lurked around for a while and read articles. As for website I'm more than happy to setup the forums and host vids; my bf has over 3TBs of monthly bandwidth allocation which he doesn't use, so I could just ninja some of that.

Phew that was a long post...and if you've managed to wade your way through all of it, thanks for reading [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2007, 10:05 AM

Jay,

Very interesting...

1. Besides the obvious reading/posting on the forums, I'm also discussing alot on aim/msn with friends and I'm mentoring one of my friends by watching him play and letting him watch me play. Mostly to improve his game but it also helps me out, and it makes me feel good because before he's been playing break even poker for many 100k hands. I'm also a cr member which has helped me alot. I've been looking to get a coach because I think that would be great when coming closer to higher stakes, but haven't got the time to go through with it yet. I think your idea is really interesting because it will inspire me to work harder on my game. I've read quite alot of books, but not so much lately.

2. I want to move up to 1000nl and play by a more regular basis. Setting up a hand/month goal to begin with. I think by february I should be able to grind 1000nl using good table selection. When I'm there setting up new goals.

3. I'm currently playing 400nl-1000nl, whereever there's good tables. I don't feel like limiting myself to playing one stake because often my ptbb/100, and obv my earnings too, will be greater on higher stakes than my "normal". I think my best month was august this year, about $20k. I don't know how much I've won overall, probably around $160k.

4. I still post most in ssnl, but I post some in msnl too. I usually read more than I post in msnl. Some decent/recent posts, nothing great but shows how I usually approach poker: Msnl ssnl unl

5. I'm from Sweden, 24 years old and studying economics. I've played poker seriously and posted on this forum for about 3 years. Started off with fixed and I've been playing NL for only about a year. I think my fl background helped alot understanding the mathematic background of poker which is not as important in nl but still very valuable. I'm hoping this project could inspire me to play more, discuss more with other ambitious players and help become a better player/move up in limits.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:52 AM

tbh with the calibre of posts so far and my record on here there is pretty little chance i get this, and certainly not a high enough chance to fill out a resume

but im basically just gonna post here to say i am definitely interested, just because a) i am and b) i have nothing to lose by doing so.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yea megaupload seems perfect for the videos ... i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

good then, I develop profession sites for my clients so setting this up shouldn't be a problem. The only thing was that my server is a little short on space, and videos takes up a huge amount of space and bandwidth. Other than that, setting up a site with private forum shouldn't take me more than a day or two.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:34 PM

I'm thinking about hands alot when not playing and try to about hands with friends on msn. I dont post much here but read SSNL and MSNL frequently. I also watch CR videos but not to a great extent.

2. Your poker goals.

I allways have enjoyed playing games. I played magic the gathering when I was younger and now I emjoy poker, backgammon, chess and go. I really like the complexity in poker and also that you can win money is of course fun as well. That being said my goal in poker is not to maximize my hourly rate but rather playing a few (3-4) tables really well and beating tough opponents. I dont have a goal on a specific limit I want to reach but rather advance to a lvl that I feel really challenge me as a player.

I play mostly nl200 6max and nl100/200 HU. I have played since autumn 2004 starting with nothing and have made around $35k or something since then.

4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made.

I dont like posting hands in forum like this very much.

5. A little about yourself.

I'm a 24 years old and live in sweden. Since I finished high-school I've been studying mathematics and filosophy at university without any real goal but now I'm thinking about becoming a teacher in those subjects. I enjoy hanging out with friends, whatching movies and playing games. For the last year I've become intrested in meditation and try to keep a regular practice.

6. Also to add, please state how many hours you have played in the last 5 months and earnings in that time.

Around $8k in maybe 180h
Old 11-22-2007, 12:40 PM

Hmmm,

I missed number 6 somehow.

I played around 330 hours and made about 50k, mostly from LHE and L08.

I may play up to 3/6 NL but I probably should not be there.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:55 PM

Currently I spend time mostly browsing these ssnl forums, helping others with their hands, I also do alot of reading, I own several books on theory in both cash games and tournaments, I try attend regular live cash games when possible, I discuss all the hands im not sure about with numerous amount of people and to be honest I never stop thinking about my game.

2. Your poker goals.
Eventually I would like to make a decent income from poker, somthing which would exceed my salary at an average job when i leave university. But mostly I want to understand the most advanced concepts poker has to offer, and be able to sit down at a table and notice everyones mistakes, playing the most profitable game I can. I believe with poker you never stop learning.

Over the past year ive been playing I have made about $4000 from 10nl/25nl/50nl/100nl combined, over about 50k hands, I generally fluctuated because I had many cashouts for various reasons but I now have a solid bankroll and no more needs to cashout. Im looking to build up my roll and move up to higher limits. Ive also had a live tournament win of just over 4k which was nice, plus many other cashes in smaller games live.

This is a tough one, i havent particulaly posted any strategy to anyone but it doesnt mean I dont consider it. People talk to me all the time about their strategys and I can always find flaws in what they are saying, im always open to discussion about strategy and im a very logical thinker, I would never stop thinking about somthing till I decided i have made the right or wrong decision. One thing I do pride myself in is self control and ways to combat tilt, I believe as far as bankroll managment theory goes I know the ins and outs, I have had many swings, found them tough and brought it back.

5. A little about yourself. If you're capable and willing to run the site and videos include that in your reply.
Well for one im from leeds, where abouts are you from in leeds? I grew up in morley, lived in tingley for a while now im back and forth from leeds to uni, also lived around the yeadon (leeds/bradford airport) area with my mum for a while.
As far as the website goes I do this kinda stuff for a living so shouldnt be a problem, i can make websites and probably could find some hosting soemwhere if you needed that.

Hope this application isnt too late, be good to hear back from you

Ash.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:17 PM

I posted earlier in this thread but now all these WPT Champs and HSNL poster I want to give a more in depth BIO of myself.

What you MUST have:

- A long term clear, measurable and timed goal of what you want from poker.

I view myself right now at a crossroads in life and right now I want to make the most of it right now. I plan on living in Vegas for the summer and then Thailand for awhile after that.

Jay's Poker Community House in Thailand?

- A good listener, able to put your ego to one side

I coach 5 micro NL players currently for a very minimal hourly charge. I find I listen well and I know they could vouch for me that I don't have an ego.

- Potential

I think I have a lot of potential that could be brought out with the right influences.

- A long standing 2p2 account w/ no bad rep

I have posted free vid's on 2p2 for the uNL crowd and I think I fit the bill here.

- A high strategy to junk post ratio

I do post my fair share in BBV and NVG but when I post in SSNL/uNL its strategy.

- Be able to work programs like skype, logmein etc

I am familiar with all of these programs.

- Cash NLHE as your main game.

4Life

- Willingness to help others.

Do it on a daily basis?

- A headset or mic, heh.

Standard [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

---

I subscripe to CR, I have many SSNL Friends on aim,msn. I help other uNLers and make videos for them sweat them.

2. Your poker goals.

As I mentioned in my previous reply my poker goals are simple. I don't want to play nosebleed stakes with Durrr and Aba. I would like to wake up on any given day and have the flexibility to play anywheres from 2/4 - 10/20.

I also want to be comfortably play almost any tourney online. Meaning just on Sunday grinding every sunday major.

Currently playing 200nl.
Life time I probably have made 25k
Since playing "pro" again in the last 6 months I have made 10k

My Carpal \' Tunnel Post

Just look at SSNL, uNL and I am a reg in there.

5. A little about yourself. If you're capable and willing to run the site and videos include that in your reply

I currently run a blog (in profile). I actually had this idea about 2 months ago to take some SSNL/MSNL regs and help mentor a micro NL players who had potential.

Basically plans never fell through as I couldn't get enough help so I just coach the 5 of them currently.

I would be able to make videos as I am very familiar with camtasia/team veiwer/skype/ventrilo.

6. Also to add, please state how many hours you have played in the last 5 months and earnings in that time.

Wow now I am going to blow it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. This is one thing that I do need help on is my work ethic.

Last 5 months I would say I have played 160k hands. Recently the last month I haven't played much (25k hands) but that is due to family issues(death) and a long term relationship ending.

I am doing everything now to make the best of what kind of opportunity I have right now I plan on moving in with some poker friends and making the poker mecca trip to Thailand sometime next year after the WSOP.

Basically I think I have whored myself enough and I think what you are offering does not have a price tag and if you chose me it would be greatly appreciated.

I will also post a pretty graph of my last month.

15k hands of .25/.50nl
10k hands of .50/.1nl

Last 2k is since moving up to 200nl.

If you want stats and what not let me know.

I hope you don't mind me whoring myself more I just think this is an opportunity of a life time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

-GSy
Old 11-22-2007, 01:36 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dJwODowvVY
Old 11-22-2007, 03:08 PM

Obviously shamelessly trying to improve my chances here. But it seems like it would be a good idea to not have people in all kinds of timezones, no? If live sweating is a big part of the deal. GMT ftw!
Closed Thread