Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2006, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Allen Iverson

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Once the Bibby trade is conducted...if Sixers will win the Atlantic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude if you, me, KC, GKA, MWII, Hornacek, tdarko and a couple other NBA posters on 2+2 put together a team we'd have a shot. Who cares.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I play? I'm really tall.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Capone. Sixers win Atlantic if they get Bibby. AI just is not that good. An AI/Artest combo is a disaster in the making. Petrie has made several decisions based on what the Maloofs want...and that has literally killed this franchise Isiah style.

I personally feel that Korver and Igoudala have been held back by AI.

Basically the deal will be bibby's 12 mil plus expiring contracts adding up to 18 mil of iverson's.

Bibby turns this team around because he's mathed up with cwebb...and a decent supporting cast.

By read my lips, if Bibby goes to the Sixers...they win the weak Atlantic easy.

[/ QUOTE ]Mike Bibby is not better than AI.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
because I watch him play. He's definately lost a couple steps. He can still contribute through his passing and his ok jump shot. He definately understands the flow of the game enough to survive. At 4-5 mil he's a good addition to a team. He makes his teammates better.

Playing with AI just makes him look bad. Go to hoopshype, some players on sac who have played with AI have left because of AI.

I'm quite shocked at how many people think AI is good.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm just baffled. I really don't know where to begin here. You have to be trolling, right?
Old 12-11-2006, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Zone rules implemented a few years ago have definately changed who's "effective" and who's not.

If you watch carefully , someone like shaq has not really dimished as much as his numbers imply. The fact of the matter is...the new zone defenses have limited his touches and have made his touches rarer...and farther away from the basket.

This goes with wing players as well. They are forced to shoot the ball a lot more. the ability to "zone" up a little bit more even in man to man schemes has forced AI to take a lot more jump shots. Often times his jump shots will be somewhat contested ...clunk...then the other team is on a fast break.

Thats why the zone rules were implemetned to ironically enough...increase offense. Fast break opportunities are created through defense...which leads towards more momentum changes.

Momentum exists in basketball when teams make a shot...get back and have a "set" defense...and ultimately this decreases the offensive team's chance at making a shot...thus leading towards another fast break opportunity. This cycle continues until the other team can make a shot and thus...set up their defense.

Thats why time outs are called to "stem" momentum. You want to set a play to set up a score, thus to stop the cycle.

[/ QUOTE ]Most NBA teams are pretty good about getting back on D. Sure if you attack and score within a few seconds that "cycle" can continue, but after 3 or 4 seconds any NBA team is fully back and "set up" in their normal D.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Once the Bibby trade is conducted...if Sixers will win the Atlantic.

[/ QUOTE ]I'll take this bet. If the 76ers trade AI and get Mike Bibby and nobody else of importance, I will bet you anything up to $10,000 that they will NOT win. Before we make the bet final we most exchange a lot of info as well as talk on the phone so that we trust each other.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:10 PM

I'd be willing to take the bet in a heartbeat if Ainge hadn't stated that Doc won't be fired.

I'm still fairly confident NJ wins.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be willing to take the bet in a heartbeat if Ainge hadn't stated that Doc won't be fired.

I'm still fairly confident NY wins.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-11-2006, 09:45 PM

All - please do not count out the Nets. Once they sort out their sexual identity issues, they will be a juggernaut in that division.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:22 AM

hmmmmm still no trade, and it seems the pool of teams inerested in iverson grows by the day.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hmmmmm still no trade, and it seems the pool of teams inerested in iverson grows by the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe a single report out of anywhere anymore.

Cuban came out and said that they didn't want him, yet the Mavs were mentioned for 2 days by every analyst on ESPN.

The T-Wolves Owner has said they aren't going for him, yet they are mentioned everytime someone is on ESPN.

I honestly don't think anyone is willing to give up anything for Iverson, and the Sixers are screwed.