Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Rate her.
1 4 0.64%
2 2 0.32%
3 4 0.64%
4 12 1.92%
5 34 5.43%
6 139 22.20%
7 250 39.94%
8 144 23.00%
9 34 5.43%
10 3 0.48%
Voters: 626. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 09:17 PM

Default Re: November Low-Content Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're a ninja, Stern. I've even forgotten what you look like (so please say hi again next time you see me at Commerce).

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol but you are never at commerce.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, this is true. In October I played 3 sessions nearly every weekend there. I don't think I saw PJ once. I'll be there tonight and tommorow night and then off to Vegas to enjoy hella cheap room rates before Thanksgiving and poker games that will probably be tougher than any poker game should be. I just plan to run really well.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:00 PM

i'll probably see you guys at the 20 later tonight.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:44 PM

I've been playing piss-poor poker lately so I'm moving down to 15/30, what the best 15 game in LA?
Old 11-17-2007, 09:05 PM

Where you at the Commerce Stern? I played a little 20, but the moved on to some 40.

brick, i dont think you can go wrong with any of them. HP, HG, Hustler?
Old 11-17-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been playing piss-poor poker lately so I'm moving down to 15/30, what the best 15 game in LA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure my 6 year old could beat the HP 15. Too bad I couldn't.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:52 PM

why are you talkin about computers? hip hop DIED, yes, DIED, this morning, and all you can talk about is computers on a poker forum? where is your sense of perspective?
Old 11-17-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hollywood Park by far. But the games are loose/lagtardish. So variance is an issue. Use valet, watch your rearview mirror for a few miles when you leave, go straight to the freeweay. Also, the games sometimes break by midnight, but there is a 25-50(I think). Also, damm CHP(seriously...not Inglewood PD, but CHP) keeps pulling me over on Century and giving me tickets for front window tint. WTF?
Old 11-17-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where you at the Commerce Stern? I played a little 20, but the moved on to some 40.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played $20-40 from 9pm to 3am. I had a monstrous one level pyramid in front of me due to my excellent play combined with my awesomeness at sucking out.

One particularly horribly played hand was when youngish asian lady that is bad, but not that bad, raised pf co. I three bet button with A9s. Frop is 652. She donks and I raise, she calls. Turn is a 7 and she donks again. At this point I think she is effin around with me which she never does and I have no idea why I thought she was. So I'm po'ed for no reason whatsoever and decide to call and bluff the river no matter what. So I call and the river is an 8. She checks, I bet, and she goes in the tank for an eternity and finally calls and angrily mucks. I really wanted to cry at how bad I played that hand, but chips are chips. I clearly hate money, but not that much.

Later, a sort of 2+2 lurker was at my table. Probably the best player I've played with at Commerce in a few months. The game was still really good though. Anyway, I'm playing kinda laggy and getting a bazillion callers every time I bet. So folded to me in the co. I raise Q8s. Button and BB call along. Flop is 884. BB checks, I bet, button folds, bb reraises, I call. Turn is another 4. BB checks, I bet, BB raises, I 3-town. At this point, BB is about ready to call(no chance in hell this player ever lays down a made hand) and lurker says "How come YOU always get paid off?!?!?!?". I fire the river and say "because I'm awesome at raising with hands like this!". BB shows his horribly played KK, and I add lots more chips to my pyramid.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I played $20-40 from 9pm to 3am. I had a monstrous one level pyramid in front of me due to my excellent play combined with my awesomeness at sucking out.

One particularly horribly played hand was when youngish asian lady that is bad, but not that bad, raised pf co. I three bet button with A9s. Frop is 652. She donks and I raise, she calls. Turn is a 7 and she donks again. At this point I think she is effin around with me which she never does and I have no idea why I thought she was. So I'm po'ed for no reason whatsoever and decide to call and bluff the river no matter what. So I call and the river is an 8. She checks, I bet, and she goes in the tank for an eternity and finally calls and angrily mucks. I really wanted to cry at how bad I played that hand, but chips are chips. I clearly hate money, but not that much.

Later, a sort of 2+2 lurker was at my table. Probably the best player I've played with at Commerce in a few months. The game was still really good though. Anyway, I'm playing kinda laggy and getting a bazillion callers every time I bet. So folded to me in the co. I raise Q8s. Button and BB call along. Flop is 884. BB checks, I bet, button folds, bb reraises, I call. Turn is another 4. BB checks, I bet, BB raises, I 3-town. At this point, BB is about ready to call(no chance in hell this player ever lays down a made hand) and lurker says "How come YOU always get paid off?!?!?!?". I fire the river and say "because I'm awesome at raising with hands like this!". BB shows his horribly played KK, and I add lots more chips to my pyramid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very Nice. Hmm were you wearing a bunch of full tilt gear, and the guy you thought was 2+2 was a skinny asian dude with glasses? Heh i just assumed when i got there i would recognize you, but then i realized that plan was not going to work. Maybe next time heh.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:59 PM

thats sane, won 9k in 5 hours playing 10/20 nl and thats all the poker i played this weekend.

play 15 hours in 150/300 game when im good at all the games in the mix? get buried. play 5 hours in a game im clueless in? rock the world. poker makes so much sense.
Closed Thread