Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 12:21 PM

Default Poker EV

Can someone please explain this to me as i just downloaded the program today and have tried to read up on it but still dont understand.

Am i right in thinking the sklansky bucks is what i really should have made so far?

And what does the showdown winnings mean?

Thanks
Old 10-16-2007, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Poker EV

showdown winnings = your total earnings in all pots where there is a showdown

sklansky bucks = expected showdown winnings, that is the amount you expected to make in pots that went to showdown, or basically ($amt of bet x %equity) per street.

total winnings = your total winnings in all pots.

So, the red line isn't "how much you should have made" in absolute, but only your expectation in showdown pots. You are running about $90 ahead of expectation in showdown pots right now, which makes up a large portion of your total winnings.

It's impossible to say without other stats or knowing game conditions, but you may have leaks in hands that don't go to showdown (i.e folding too lightly, or missing bluffing opportunities).
Old 10-16-2007, 12:48 PM

Hey thanks for the reply. I kinda get what your saying but i still kinda dont get it, if the blue line is my showdown winnings why is my green line so much less, does that mean i'm losing so much in non showdown hands. Should the green line be near the blue line?
Old 10-16-2007, 12:56 PM

Yes, it does mean you are losing money in hands that don't go to showdown. You can actually see the exact amount in the statistics tab.

There's no "correct" relationship between showdown winnings and total winnings, it depends greatly on your style and table conditions. For example, if you are sitting at a table of very loose and passive opponents where the majority of hands get to showdown, then it would be normal for the majority of your winnings to come from showdowns, since blufing and semi-bluffing in that kind of game would be difficult even if your normal style was LAGgy.

I believe that at the micros it's normal for blue to be somewhat above green for this reason, whereas at higher stakes or in tighter games a good LAG might win more in non-showdown hands. However, even at the micros if you are losing too much in non-showdown pots there are probably areas to work on, for example c-betting habits, semi-bluffing with draws, picking spots to pick up pots on the flop or turn when everyone missed, etc.

Of course 15k hands isn't enough to say anything definitively, especially in a vacuum without looking at other stats.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:05 PM

Thanks a lot well named, you've been a great help. I owe you one.

Have a great day!
Old 10-16-2007, 01:13 PM

I've never used pokerEV but am considering downloading it.

Will Sklansky$ line approach Showdown Winnings as your sample size goes up?
Old 10-16-2007, 01:19 PM

check out the thread in the SSNL forum, there you can find all sorts of graphs
Old 10-16-2007, 01:21 PM

C'mon people. Way to many threads cluttering the forum that are not uNL caliber. Other forums or the brew.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:21 PM

you're probably losing quite a bit from the bliinds. there is a filter for position OTB. Set it to positions between zero and three then hit apply. Then clear the filter is set up for positions between four and five and then hit apply. my guess is your green line will be equal to the red and blue through positions 0-3 but will fall far short in positions 4-5. also did you change levels towards the end
Closed Thread