Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2007, 09:44 PM

Default Calculating Blake-Jordin

Hello all,

I’m new here and also new to idol wagering. Please excuse me if I do not know all the proper lingo. I might also post a few things that might not be allowed, so please correct me when I do. Just slap me upside the head if this happens. I have a few questions that I figured some experienced folks could chime in on as I have little time to make a decision.

Here goes nothing! Last year I first learned about wagering on Idol. I guess I caught wind of it around the top 12. Elliott was from my hometown. Before I knew that I was taken by his signing ability. My prediction was he was going to make it in the finals. I was so jazzed by him (and) improving each week, I felt it in my gut to place my first bet with Pinnacle. I made two bets, one to win and one for him and Taylor to finish together. This was when they said Chris was the one to beat! I made this prediction at the final 12 on both props that came with inches of making it. I almost make a bundle! Almost doesn’t count, right!

So here I am this year being shuffled around by the houses by not taking American bets. Not being one to be beaten, I have a friend somewhere else handling things on his end.
I didn’t even know as of two days ago that this forum existed or that you could buy shares as a wager. This fascinates me. But I’m afraid I missed the boat again this year with this method.

My picks are Blake and Jordin and I’ll hold fast on that. I picked them out of the Hollywood rounds. I’ll explain my reason in another post if you care to listen.

My question for you guys:

Pinnacle had Blake over the last three weeks at 10.20-1, and then 8.29 and now this week at 9.35.

Cheese and cracker, I saved copies of last years odds (for April not March), I think Kat was 200/1 and Taylor at 80/1. What’s going on? Is Pinnacle getting wimpy? I’m having a hard time deciding to jump in now before he goes for 5/1 odds. I just can’t see how they will give him 20/1 or higher now. It’s like they don’t want to give up the fat long odds, like they are playing it safer. Is it because so many people have pulled out of the American market.

It’s like this, if I knew Blake was going to 20/1 and the same for Jordin in a week of so, I’d wait. I just cannot put my finger on what they are up to as I said, last year you could have made a killing.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Can I post their odds here for you guys to see?(Edit: I found them on the Idol fact page-good job!)

Thanks
Bongodog

P.S. I like the crowd here, nice peeps!
Old 03-19-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Calculating Blake-Jordin

[ QUOTE ]

My picks are Blake and Jordin and I’ll hold fast on that. I picked them out of the Hollywood rounds. I’ll explain my reason in another post if you care to listen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly sure what you're asking, but if you like Blake and Jordin why not just bet on them now? Jordin's at 9-1 and Blake's at 11.5-1 on WSEX, so if you really think they can win I don't see a big upside in waiting. There's only 11 people left, what kind of odds are you expecting?

[ QUOTE ]
I saved copies of last years odds (for April not March), I think Kat was 200/1 and Taylor at 80/1. What’s going on? Is Pinnacle getting wimpy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Taylor at 80-1, lol no way. I think he was as low as 8 or so on WSEX which equals 11.5-1. And they'd have to be on drugs to offer 200-1 odds on Kat in a field of 12.

I think you are looking for better odds than you're gonna get with 11 idols left (most of whom have zero chance).