Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 11:42 AM

Default NL10 KK line check

Okay, I play my KK acording to the rule "get it in preflop if you can and never second guess yourself". Hereīs one of my KK hands. I got it in preflop. I do, however, second guess myself.

The villain plays 15/4. Forgot sample size but itīs ok. I put him on a small range here, JJ+, AK, AQs. (I later checked in detail what he has done in the past. KQs, AQo are very unlikely here).

Now I wonder, is it correct to raise his bet (I play 16/7 and he probably knows that or kind of knows that)?

My point is, he does then know I have a premium holding, heīll reraise with AA (but can I fold then?) and flat-call the rest. That is, I allow him to play AA correct, and play the other hands quite well. Post-flop play for him is easier as well if I 3-bet, I am not going to get a bet from unimproved AK and I am not sure if JJ, QQ will pay that much. On the other hand, if the pot was bigger, then just one bet/call might make him committed or feel committed, which is nice, because heīs probably not giving up JJ/QQ overpair without some kind of resistance.

So what do you say?

Do I have to 3-bet here? Can I do anything else than shoving after he 4-bets? I was kinda sure he had AA but wasnīt sure enough to let the hand go.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($9.85)
SB ($8.75)
BB ($1.90)
UTG ($8.85)
MP1 ($10.45)
MP2 ($8.10)
CO ($8)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.7</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2.8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9.85</font>,
Old 10-17-2007, 11:50 AM

Default Re: NL10 KK line check

raise to 2.10ish after his initial raise, then when he 3 bets you get it in.

I for one have always felt kinda wierd about the always get kk in as well. If he is a solid player who wouldnt get it in without AA, its tough. However you gotta get it in here imo.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:53 AM

Against JJ+ AK AQs you are definitely +EV shoving here because he is probably calling your shove with QQ+ AKs.

Even against tight players at 10 nl you can't fold KK pre flop easily...A good player will give a random player in a micro ring game less credit for a good hand when they 3bet pre, therefore they can 4bet a little lighter, and since you know that about him, you can 5bet him allin for SURE with KK. Even with QQ i'm calling this 4bet and shipping it on any low flop.

Bottom line is you can't put him on AA just because he 4bets pre at this limit...Unless his stats are like 12/1 over 500+ hands.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:01 PM

I reraise to 2.5 and shove to reraise.