Old 01-15-2007, 12:42 AM
Prickly Pete Prickly Pete is offline

Location: VA
Default Full Tilt Disconnects using Comcast

For the last few days I've encountered a ton of disconnects on Full Tilt that usually last no longer than a minute. For a SNG player, that can be death of course. I have a Comcast cable connection and have rarely had these problems before. Also, I'm playing on other sites too and had no problems while Full Tilt was disconnecting.

Anyone else have these issues or have any suggestions? I've emailed FTP support, but my hopes aren't so high there.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:19 AM
Kosmos33 Kosmos33 is offline
Member

Default Re: Full Tilt Disconnects using Comcast

Im in Maryland and have had no problems with Comcast recently.

The only lag issue I have had with FTP is when the lobby is updating alot of info. Like today during the $400k, I had to close the lobby because the continuous updating of chip counts, ranks etc of 2000+ players was giving me a bit of a lag. So, if you play alot of tournies and SNG's maybe close all the lobbies.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:58 PM
PoorLawyer PoorLawyer is offline

Location: Washington, DC

I have comcast in DC and have been having the same problems. Can't say I know what to do about it unfortunately....
Old 01-15-2007, 02:47 PM
EnderFFX EnderFFX is offline

I have noticed the same thing for PStars. (I have Comcast and live north of DC) Could you guys go to PStars and do a network status and post it on here? I will post what I sent to PStars and my reply here in a bit.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:52 PM
EnderFFX EnderFFX is offline

Hello XXXXXXXX,

In all likelihood, this isn't a problem at either your end or ours. It
looks like one of the major peers on the way from your computer to Yahoo
is experiencing technical difficulties.

Allow me to explain. The Internet is a peer to peer network. Information
between your computer and Yahoo's servers will pass through a large number
(8 to 24 or more) of "peers", machines that aren't Yahoo's and that also
don't belong to your ISP. Your connection is only as good as the WORST of
these machines. If any single one of these is having trouble, or fails to
properly forward your data, you won't be able to connect to Yahoo.

You will often be able to check Email or browse other sites, even if your
connection to Yahoo experiences brief outages. This is because the path
(the chain of machines) between you and each destination site you visit is
different. The path to your Email server, for example, is very short since
your Email server is usually right there at your ISP. The path to other
sites you might use to test (like PokerStars or Google) will likely be
very different as well, based on geography. You may have a stable path to
Google, but an unstable path to Yahoo simply because your path to Yahoo
passes through an unreliable peer.

In all likelihood, your problems are temporary, and whatever issue is
causing them will be fixed in a relatively short period of time. If not,
you should contact your ISP for advice - perhaps there are known problems,
or there is something you can do to increase the quality of the connection
at your end.

I hope this information helped. If you have any further questions, let us
know.

Regards,

Alex S
PokerStars Support Team

Old 01-15-2007, 08:13 PM
Prickly Pete Prickly Pete is offline

Location: VA

Thanks Ender and others for the feedback. I tried the Poker Stars network status and got the same results with a bad Yahoo connection.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:16 AM
PartysOver PartysOver is offline

I've been having the same issues with a different isp...

thanks for looking into this, it's been driving me nuts, i thought it was my router and spent a long, long long time with support trying to get the intermidant d/c's fixed

[censored]
Old 01-16-2007, 11:12 AM
EnderFFX EnderFFX is offline

Just a quick note to anyone experiencing these problems. I'd like to ask a few quick favors.

1) Please post the region, and what service you are using.
2) Do a trace for PStars and list the IP of where the break is occuring. I'm trying to gather more information to confirm what is going on. Things looked a little better this morning but I didn't have time to get on and actually play.

Thanks everyone.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:52 PM
EnderFFX EnderFFX is offline

I am cancelling my Comcast Cable Internet service over this and switching to DSL. I'm pretty much done with this crap. Anyone else doing this?
Old 01-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Prickly Pete Prickly Pete is offline

Location: VA

Ender, I'm in northern VA and am still having the break connecting to Yahoo. I have Verizon DSL as a backup and when using that, have experienced no problems.