Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 11:52 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

Nat - I really hope the conspirtards didn't influence you this way... I feel like your second point is more valid.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I am not going anymore on AP's dime. I made the decision on a few levels.

a) People who know me would know that I would not be compromised. Other people wouldn't. Most people don't know me. Therefore, most people wouldn't believe my report. Since I'm not doing this for the money, I don't really care if I skip going. Someone else from 2p2 (Mason, please...) can take the position with AP and do as they see fit.

b) I don't want to deal with the legality issues of possibly being considered a paid consultant.

I am considering another method of going and still asking questions. I may or may not take advantage of this other opportunity depending on some details that are yet to be worked out such as what I would be responsible for doing, what the terms are w/r/t publishing the report, etc. I plan on discussing details tomorrow if it comes though.

Sorry, but if a report is going to have questionable integrity in the eyes of many (even if those who know me would trust me), it just isn't worth it. I'd be doing this so people would think there's an independent person down there and too many people believe that money compromises. I can say until I'm blue in the face that it doesn't compromise me, but a lot of people don't believe that.

Thank you to AP for the offer and opportunity. I welcome the invitation of Adanthar or another 2p2er down to CR on AP's behalf and I'll support his trip.

-Nat

[/ QUOTE ]

Great, now lets see all of the people that bitched about you being paid to go will now bitch that you aren't going.

gg guys
Old 10-23-2007, 11:54 PM

Dear Conspiritards. You ruined Christmas. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then he represents the "POSTERS" on the 2P2 forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. He represents himself. There is no official mechanism for someone to represent the posters.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 10-23-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Then he represents the "POSTERS" on the 2P2 forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. He represents himself. There is no official mechanism for someone to represent the posters.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

He's doing something. I think we can legally say that.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nat - I really hope the conspirtards didn't influence you this way... I feel like your second point is more valid.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have some other possibilities to get down there and do the same thing, just not on AP's dime. While I'm "leaving some money on the table" most likely, I don't care.

I am not here to brag (even though this is BBV), but I've had, at last count, 5 different successful poker ventures. thepokerdb and PSDollars are the ones most people know about. I keep the other ones private for many reasons. The amount of money in question here is retardly small compared to my other ventures and is really irrelevant.

I hope this other plan works out.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have some other possibilities to get down there and do the same thing, just not on AP's dime. While I'm "leaving some money on the table" most likely, I don't care.

I am not here to brag (even though this is BBV), but I've had, at last count, 5 different successful poker ventures. thepokerdb and PSDollars are the ones most people know about. I keep the other ones private for many reasons. The amount of money in question here is retardly small compared to my other ventures and is really irrelevant.

I hope this other plan works out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well gl! Keep us updated.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:00 AM

Wow Nat seriously idk how people wouldn't trust your opinion after all this. People are [censored] ridiculous if they think Nat should pay out of his own pocket (and YES this includes time he could be working, its oppurtunity cost). I think you should go, and if AP isn't going to pay you I will be the first to contribute to paying for your trip.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no official mechanism for someone to represent the posters.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's cute that you think this. DUCY?
Old 10-24-2007, 12:02 AM

Hi brain:

Don't get me wrong. We wish Nat success, but it's very important at this point in time that there be no confusion as to who represents who and what is being done.

Best wishes,
Mason