Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Thought I was dreaming

I was playing live $5 $10 NL the other night and after a couple of limpers I make it $65 to go on the button with AA and $3,200 behind.

UTG limper had been drinking beers, flirting with girls, telling us how much money he had and putting it in a lot of people's face although he was a pretty nice guy. I had come over the top of him earlier and he went in the tank before laying it down. He also had $3,200. Suddenly he announces All In! WTF $3,200 into a $110 pot?

I insta call and figure he must have AA too. Then I see the look on his face and I know he's crushed. I turn over at the end and he mucks as I scoop a $6,400 pot. If it was OL I would figure it was a misclick!
Old 10-19-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Thought I was dreaming

well played.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Thought I was dreaming

Nowhere near as much money involved but how about this.

We are playing £1 £2 with my £5 straddle pl holdem at the gutshot. I have been talking smack to the guy on my left and am up 3 buy ins and this guy is on tilt. He says he will raise utg blind...I say if it comes to me I will put him all in blind.

He raises the pot utg blind and sure enough it comes round to me...I repot him all in for £50 so bout a £105 pot. He says 'you have me beat' even though I haven't looked yet and promtly turns over 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] . I still don't look.

The flop come 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] giving him Pair + Straight Draw. The turn is the Ace [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]...the river a king [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]...

He goes to scoop the pot and I turn over my hand....

No it isn't 36....It's pocket aces! If only someone cold called!