Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Things you\'ve wasted lots of money on when you were younger

I'm not talking about cars, TVs, furniture. That's what you should be spending money on. This thread is going to have things relevant for people of different generations (at least I think).

For me, for example, when I look through some old things I have it would be CDs. Totaling to about 1200$ worth, I have no idea how I had that much money when i was 13-17. I was always broke as a joke.

Also magic cards, but i don't have a total for you, just a large box.

Just got me wondering with compounding interest, if i had decided against buying those and say shoving that $ in an interest bearing account how much i'd have today.

So I'm assuming that older people (i'm 24) may have different money wasting objects that they've acquired in small amounts over a long period of time that are just a ridiculous waste (nowadays u can get music for free)

I'm going to take a stab and say TY beanie babies, and DVDs are the new-ish things that people have wasted $ on.

So state your age and time period you've purchased the things that essentially to you is worthless as of today (whether u've lost interest in it or you can get it cheaply) in list format:

age 24, acquired 13-17:

1200$ worth of CDs
>500$ worth of MTG cards